Any Successfull Traders From CoiledMarkets?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by version77, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssblack

ssblack

I know some guys who bought Drummond's course and felt ripped off. I use it and it has paid for itself exponentially.

My point being, the tool is only as good as the trader using it.

FWIW.

#11     Nov 27, 2007
  2. It's not a waste of time if I am pointing out the fact that your
    moving average system is a piece of crap.

And yes, you will never see a trade blotter from me.

Real traders do not boast. Unlike you.

#12     Nov 27, 2007
  3. This is exactly what vendors want you to believe. It's bullshit.
    A method is either good or it is a piece of crap.

#13     Nov 27, 2007
  4. So you're saying that everyone who posts in the PnL thread is a boastful braggert?

Jeez, I hope not, because they seem like a lot of pretty conscientious people to me, who spend their time trading rather than ripping on other traders during market hours.

Oh, and btw, you need to reword the title of this thread, as follows:

Any Successful Trader from CoiledMarkets who want to Bullshit around with me during Market Hours?

You'll probably get the same response that you're getting now, not one single damn one of'em.

JJ

#14     Nov 27, 2007
  5. <i>"Good to hear things are progressing to the point of managing accounts, aka where the real money is at."</i>

Well, I could keep trading ER 5 - 10 lots indefinitely and do just fine. That symbol is easiest (relative) of all eminis for me, with NQ a modest second. ER does not have enough liquidity to turn more than 10 contracts on limit orders without too many partial fills.

To trade it bigger, have to dial out into 15min charts and widen stops = targets.

Another choice is trade the ES. Size is not an issue there at all, but I find it considerably tougher to trade than ER. That's the tradeoff, similar to 30yr bonds being much easier to trade than the 10yr imo on an intraday basis. Similar, but different.

One of a few career path choices I qualify for is managed money. That and probably running a restaurant are the two things I'd enjoy and am capable of. Between the two, managed fund is an obvious choice.

So I set the ER (mostly) aside and am focused on the ES. My CTA paperwork should all be approved next month. Everyone has to begin somewhere, so this is where I start. I'll continue to work with existing clients as always, no changes there. It's something I do enjoy. No new clients accepted on the educational side starting next month (Saturday).

So that's where I'm at right now. Future objectives are maxing out trade size in ES, then adding ZB and / or ZN. Doubt I'll ever max out intraday trade size in both... that would be $50mil or more. If I hit that and return 30% annual, everyone will be happy

Most importantly, if John Beck is finally the answer to Miami's problems under center, I'll be happy. I fell out of my chair when Quinn was passed in the draft. Hopefully that was not a ten-year gaffe on fins part. Browns are loaded at the QB spot... brightest future for them since Kosar in his prime :)

#15     Nov 27, 2007
  6. Not true at all.

Many 'methods' can make money over the long haul, but many will give up as soon as there is a smell of a drawdown or want to change something. Very few can follow a system verbatim and make it work.

The human psyche will simply not allow this.

#16     Nov 27, 2007
  7. <i>"This is exactly what vendors want you to believe. It's bullshit.
    A method is either good or it is a piece of crap."</i>

My piece of crap works for me. By your logic, it therefore works for everyone.

Hopefully your crap works equally well for you, Dan

#17     Nov 27, 2007
  8. Austin - I'll be curious to see how the CTA goes for you! If you get a website and such together, drop me a PM with it.

As for your dolphins, I was shocked they took Ginn... WOW. What can I say other than THANK YOU.

:D

#18     Nov 27, 2007
  9. Your answer is sophmoric, displays extraordinary ignorance about fundamentally good trading or the understanding of probability as it applies to trading, and it's like your really just shouting out to everyone how completely ignorant you are about trading and everything related to it in general.

I'm serious v77, this doesn't make you look good to anyone. :(

JJ

P.S. ... and no, I've never paid for the CoiledMarkets program, but I can tell you this much, austinp is one of many who have contributed to the knowledgebase at ET, and if you just paid attention to his last spate of posts in the 2007 PnL thread you would have very good insight into how a trader conistently books profits, and keeps them.

#19     Nov 27, 2007
  10. How about we rename it:

Jimmy Jam sticks his nose in whatever thread he can find trying
    to prove he is a big man?

And no one is responding because there is no one who has made
    his method work for them. Not one. So far... Still waiting...

Austin, since your method doesn't work, you should go into the
    restaurant business as stated above. Good luck with that one...:D

#20     Nov 27, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.