Any Stock Watch Pro "experts"

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bhds, Nov 26, 2002.

1. bhds

bhds

Thanks, I finally found a example of the "offset" used in a moving average formula.

Okay, I have my preferences set to broadcast and to receive symbol and interval changes with qcharts. I have both up and running but neither one is getting the broadcast. I have the symbol and interval buttons in qcharts set to green. What am I doing wrong?

#11     Nov 28, 2002
  2. If someone is looking for alternatives, I am very happy with Trading Expert Pro software + myTrack data feed.

Pricing with real time data starts at 79$/mth + exchange fees.

Good software, good data and very good chat room support.

http://www.aiqsystems.com/proriskfreetrial.htm

#12     Nov 29, 2002
  3. hans130

hans130

does it offer any backtesting capability?

#13     Nov 29, 2002
  4. Yes there are some backtesting capabilities but unfortunately not with intraday data (only with daily or weekly data).

#14     Nov 29, 2002
  5. bhds,

You need to set your qcharts preferences to receive changes also. I forget which tab it's on, just look around and you'll find it.

#15     Nov 29, 2002
  6. bhds

bhds

Thanks, I found it. Appreciate the help.
    I used the Alerts for the first time this morning. Spotted a couple of setups using it. didn't take the trades because of the short day and too busy trying get every thing setup. I could grow fond of the intraday alerts and screens. Just wish the program was a little more user friendly and less buggy.

#16     Nov 29, 2002
  7. bhds,

I'll second the call for less buggy. Don't be surprised when it does some seemingly stupid things. I've learned to live with it. As to intraday alerts, one of my mentors sets hundreds daily. I've learned to do likewise. It's like a bunch of free empoyees looking for setups for you. Even if just one pays off, it's worth the minimal effort. Good luck!

#17     Nov 29, 2002
  8. bhds

bhds

Need some formula help.

How do you reference a particular bar in a backtest formula?
    For instance if my entry formula is a breakout of a 30 minute bar and I want to use that 30 minute bars low as a stop loss point.

#18     Dec 3, 2002
  9. In the formula wizard under operands select bar. Set interval to 30, fields to low, N bars ago to the desired number. If someone knows how to select the first 30 minutes of the day, I'd love to know how to do that.

#19     Dec 3, 2002
  10. bhds

bhds

Hehehe! I was wondering if I wrote that question wrong. I think I did. What I am looking for is a way to reference say the bar that closed at 10:30 am or for daily bars the bar representing 12-2-02.
    Setting n bars ago only references a bar in relation to the current bar... I think. As time progresses the referenced bar will change?

#20     Dec 3, 2002