Any sims that allow you to pracitce while the market is closed?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ryanturri, Jan 7, 2008.

1. I have downloaded some trading sims but they all seem to be market dependant (the market must be open). Is there a simulator out there that will allow me to paper trade NASDAQ stocks any time I'd like? I work during the day, so the rest aren't really an option. Thanks, Ryan

2. I dont know about sims but you can use camtasia software to record your screen during the day (ie your trading platform, charts) and then replay the day when you get home from work to get accustomed to the mkt as if it were trading live. This is a great way to learn if you cant spare the time intraday.

3. Thank you, I had not heard of that program before, very interesting.

Do you/anyone else know if there is a similar program that could record the data for the day and then actually create charts as I would be trading them during the day? Ideally I would like to be able to record the entire trading day for a handful of stocks and then go back and replay them...

4. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

Ninja Trader has market replay on its SIM for futures. I'm not sure if it has the same capabilities for equities, but I'd bet it does, dependent on your broker/data providor.

5. nkhoi

nkhoi