Any significant difference between TOS or OX software?

Discussion in 'Options' started by sync, Aug 22, 2008.

1. danno82

danno82

On the StkHacker tab, left click search in, and select, Category-->All Optionable and you will then be beginning your search with the universe of all Optionable stocks.

Really, if you think you should be able to achieve something within the platform it probably is there and you need to probe a bit or ask for help in how to access it. If it isn't there, you can still ask for it, but first consider is the lack of that feature really the thing that stands between you and trading success or is it something more basic than that.

I am at a point where my knowledge of the platform exceeds my ability and practice as a trader. Mistakes I make on position sizing and risk control and entry and exit are not at all due to the platform. I almost wish they would stop improving it so as not provide excuse to distracting me from being disciplined in the basics.

I know you asked about the platform, but I consider the big advantage of TOS is that you can easily get 1.5 per contract with no ticket charge. This enables you to trade small when starting out without being penalized for small trade size.

Thinkorswim is one of a very few companies where I am glad just to be their customer and the only broker I feel that way about.

Good luck in deciding. You can always move your account. I think TOS has the advantage for the active trader. Check out the Wednesday afternoon chats archived at http://www.thinkorswim.com/tos/displayPage.tos?webpage=onlineSeminar

You don't even need to be a customer to learn something from them, but it helps.

#21     Aug 24, 2008
  2. sync

sync

Thanks to everyone who pointed out how to get optionable stocks in TOS. It really doesn't matter to me because I can't screen for the stocks that I want.

But I'm not going to reject TOS because of that.

#22     Aug 25, 2008
  3. bathrobe

bathrobe

Options Xpress was my first broker, I had never traded before but I had a hunger to learn. I hold no securities licenses and have never worked in the industry, yet within 6 months I had questions that the broker on the other end of "live chat" could not answer, this happened over and over. Also rather than not answer the broker would just keep me waiting while chatting up someone else I presume because they never got back to me. Also 25k min for futures, no dom, web-based, 10$ commissions.

#23     Aug 25, 2008
  4. bathrobe

bathrobe

actually it is 20per rt. these commish prices are from the 90's

#24     Aug 25, 2008