Any significant difference between TOS or OX software?

Discussion in 'Options' started by sync, Aug 22, 2008.

1. sync

sync

Is there any significant difference between Thinkorswim or OptionsExpress software?

2. Tums

Tums

Day and Night

3. sync

sync

Well, you don't have to ramble on about it. You could have just said 'yes'. :)

4. Well for one thing OX doesn't *have* any software per se. It's totally web-based.

The main interface to TOS is an actual app you have to install.

5. 50_Bip

50_Bip

They are both completely diffrerent and have no resemblance to one another. Get a demo account for both and see for yourself.

6. cdowis

cdowis

High school girl's basketball and the NBA

Once a year update vs monthly updates

Hey, but it takes effort to play with the big boys, and you will have to learn the platform.

7. sync

sync

Are those listed in the same order as my subject?

8. bh_prop

bh_prop

I have accounts with both and this post pretty much sums up the difference.

If you want my opinion, TOS software is far superior, faster, and more stable than OX web-based.

9. sync

sync

Thanks. I was starting to think it was not ok to actually come out and state a preference here.

I started looking at the TOS program yesterday and it is very impressive.

10. One thing that TOS has that in my opinion is a killer feature is option risk graphing. It's really, really good for any arbitrary multi-legged spread you can think of.

That's normally a premium feature on certain pay sites, but comes with a normal TOS account.

Now if only IB (Interactive Brokers) could come up with equivalent risk graphing capability...

#10     Aug 23, 2008