Any side effects/problems running trading softwares on AMD Ryzen chip?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by helpme_please, Jul 19, 2018.

1. AMD Ryzen chips are significantly cheaper than Intel i7 CPUs. I am thinking of using the AMD Ryzen chip for my new PC.

Anyone here use machines with Ryzen CPUs? Any problems running trading software such as IBKR's TWS or metastock or anything else?

2. rb7

rb7

These trading software are coded using high-level programming language. They don't use low-level specific hardware call. Any chips will be fine.

I don't think you'll make more money or less money using AMD vs Intel vs Mac.;)

3. When it comes to new computer gear, you get what you pay for. Unless your'e dealing with apple, you're paying extra for name and design, necessary performance.

Zithiel89 likes this.
  4. KeLo

KeLo

Two traders using TradeStation found the AMD Threadripper CPUs to be significantly slower than equivalent Intel CPUs for using TradeStation. They sold their AMD rigs right away.

The i9-9900K (8 core) @ Turbo speeds of 5Ghz will be out any time now. Amazon had it up on their site, but took it down. The i9 16 core also looks pretty good to me. The 16-core is not just 2x more expensive than the 8-core Intel i9 though. It is nearly 3x more expensive.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  5. Zithiel89

Zithiel89

This times I would go for AMD, I am specificaly waiting for Ryzen 3000 series and I am more than sure that it will handle everything you just need totally fine like for example all that trading softwares and so on. You can even go for some dedicated solutions.