Any service keeping stats on Analyst Upgrade/Downgrade impact?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by qlai, Aug 30, 2020.

1. qlai

qlai

I was watching Mark Melnick's video and one of his "powers" is (he is trading news stocks) knowing which analysts to pay attention to and which to ignore. For example, ROKU below (my example, not his - I'm not a member or his service)

So I am thinking there must be a service that measures the impact of individual firm/alanlyst's upgrades/downgrades on stocks. I'm sure people who trade news just know after some time who matters, but just curious if any service provides this info.

upload_2020-8-30_12-58-43.png

upload_2020-8-30_12-59-56.png

upload_2020-8-30_13-1-25.png

maiimli and murray t turtle like this.
  2. guru

guru

TipRanks

upload_2020-8-30_10-49-14.png upload_2020-8-30_10-49-35.png

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  4. taowave

taowave

5. guru

guru

A friend recommended it to me and said that he was doing great with it, I think mainly picking biotech stocks (before Covid) rated by top analysts (so he also picked the analysts themselves). I subscribed but didn’t have much time to use it. I made a few trades based on it before Covid and mostly lost (when Covid started), but I do see potential. I’ll be going back to it in the future, mainly just to get ideas what to trade options on. May or may not use it in the end...

6. Atikon

Atikon

murray t turtle likes this.
  7. guru

guru

I didn't see times, just the dates. Though they seem to be updating the analyst ratings/changes fast, at least within hours, but maybe seconds. Would need to measure that one day.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    Atikon likes this.
  8. Atikon

Atikon

Was always curious if there are patterns in the timing of Analyst Up/Downgrades, avoid for selling and anticipate in order to buy/sell options (depending on near term past performance)

9. maiimli

maiimli

Tipranks is good.

10. taowave

taowave

fwiw,you can backtet analyst upgrades downgrades on Portfolio123..

TipRanks is interesting,but they are selling a service

#10     Jun 15, 2021
    qlai likes this.