Any senior traders in NZ ?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by ramuk, Aug 4, 2003.

1. kiwi

kiwi

Timely thread!

We are moving to NZ in 3 weeks and plan to stay there for the next year. I have been trading the ES, YM, and ZB in the US.
    Due to the time difference, I was looking at trading the opening 2 hours of the European mkt and the closing 2 hours of the US market.

Have you tried that from NZ ?

Also, would be interested to hear more about DSL down there. I understand it is available in most cities. But also heard they charge for upload/downloads over a certain cap.

Stuart

#11     Aug 13, 2003

2. Hi Kiwi

Where are you moving to in NZ?

I hope to visit for several weeks sometime in Jan or Feb of '04. Maybe we could all get together with Ducati and hoist a few pints.

Best,
    Dr. Zhivodka

#12     Aug 13, 2003
  3. kiwi

kiwi

We will be in Palmerston North, about 100 miles north of Wellington.

Feel free to send a pm to hook up.

Stuart

#13     Aug 13, 2003
  4. Digs

Digs

The best place to trade the USA markets from AUSSIE and NZ is PERTH, why... time zone friendly, cheap housing, good ADSL.

USA Winter : 9.30pm Perth is 9.30am in New York

Trading UK and European markets is a waste of time daytrading, there is many a post on this forum saying stick to the USA (ie http://www.trade2win.co.uk/ ) Reasons being trade costs, liquidity and poor data feeds covering UK/EURO stocks (... this included Esignal )

#14     Aug 13, 2003
  5. kiwi

kiwi

Digs,

I assume that you are referencing European stocks and not futures.
    My intent is to trade the open 2 hours of the European index futures, for example DJ Eurostox 50.
    My understanding is that contract is very liquid, and trades in a similar manner to the NQ. Commissions are also very reasonable on IB.

One could also look at trading the currency futures on Globex, particularly Yen and Euro. However, I have not looked at these closely enough to see how well they trade at different time zones.

Anyway, back to the original topic of this thread. We will arrive in NZ early next month, any kiwi traders interested in getting together please send me a pm.

Stuart

#15     Aug 18, 2003
  6. graeco

graeco Guest

Hope you can give us an update in a couple of months on the pros and cons of trading from NZ

#16     Aug 18, 2003