any scalpers?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MrScalper, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Mach4-1

Mach4-1

Maybe I can or maybe I can't but it will depend on how you look at what I say?

How about we look at a stock and see what happens.

JPM today has already traded 14Mil shares and is up 1.02 with last at 41.92 low at 41.11 and high at 42.01.

The tape is showing me that there is a good bit of penny pinching going on with many blocks going across at 5k+

As of now we are range bound between 41.80 and 42.00 so do you want to guess where the low risk 5k+ trades are for quick money?

#21     Sep 3, 2009
  2. dealmaker

dealmaker

"capturing the smallest increment (1tick) by reading the orderflow" quote by Alexis

Unless you are a very large hedge fund or Goldman Sachs its no longer possible just to capture a tick and make a living thus,
    definition of scalping has to vary depending on the trader i.e. above quote is no longer applicable.

#22     Sep 3, 2009
  3. Mach4-1

Mach4-1

I agree 100% and will add that it is not required in order to make money from short term trading. As a matter of fact it can be very costly to try it as mentioned.

Since my last post there has been 2 opps for a 0.10 pull and one opp for a 0.13 to 0.14 pull but you must be able to operate at lightning speeds much like Mach4-1. He who hesitates is lost:D

#23     Sep 3, 2009
  4. Fractal

Fractal

d)schizophrenia

#24     Sep 3, 2009
  5. Mach4-1

Mach4-1

[​IMG]

#25     Sep 3, 2009
  6. Mach4-1

Mach4-1

Some will rightly ask was it not better to just hold some trades a bit longer instead of taking just 0.10?

Well if you can guarantee me that the price will not go back down and make me lose then yes but if not and I try it with the 5k+ size then I may just end up like most traders [​IMG]

Stay up there with the happy boys and be fast so that no one knows its you:D

[​IMG]

#26     Sep 3, 2009
  7. Mach4-1

Mach4-1

New tighter range now in place with block sizes generally smaller but some bigger size flying across. As this is a slack week any breakouts can very quickly reverse and catch you out. Sometimes it is just best to sit back and look and wait for the ranges to widen a bit more but at the same time be ready for a broad market move as it is very easy to miss the boat on the longer time trades with smaller size.

Trading is 99.99% in the head [​IMG]

#27     Sep 3, 2009
  8. I don't know what you mean by penny pinching, nothing wrong with taking .05 or .10 cents out on JPM may get to 42.50, I assume you are buying the dips here.

Here is a chart with with one of those red lines just to aggravate you. :)

• jpm.jpg
      File size:
      86.3 KB
      Views:
    #28     Sep 3, 2009
  9. Mach4-1

Mach4-1

If I was in at the start I would now dump all and wait for next confirm.

Holding too long is a mugs game and while it looks easy after the event it is best to trade the signals as they unfold in front of your eyes.

After all it only takes a click of the mouse to get back into the game.

#29     Sep 3, 2009
  10. Fractal

Fractal

Your obsessive need to make new aliases and post nonsense only to gain attention in an online forum where you don't trade indicates you have a mental disorder.

#30     Sep 3, 2009