Any Retail Brokers Allow Funding from Debit Cards?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by RedSun, Jan 5, 2021.

1. RedSun

RedSun

That list is not right. I know Merrill, Fidelity etc won't allow funding directly from debit card. I think that is the list of brokers who OFFER debit card, not funding by debit card. Mis-information.

#11     Jan 5, 2021
  2. Tradex

Tradex

Well, TD Ameritrade (for instance) now offers this option:
    https://apnews.com/article/86c890a744f6447d9420fca41e0f139d

From the article:
    "TD Ameritrade clients will be able to deposit up to $10,000 a day in their brokerage accounts using their debit cards and Apple Pay. Credit cards aren’t allowed.
    TD Ameritrade officials say the delays when funding a new account are a common complaint."

#12     Jan 5, 2021
  3. RedSun

RedSun

Just a simple question of funding with debit card. Not asking for anything else, or any advice.....

#13     Jan 5, 2021
    Nobert likes this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Call the brokers and ask! No text, no e-mails...Get a human on the phone! Ug!

#14     Jan 5, 2021
    RedSun likes this.
  5. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Guys a debit card is just an electronic check. It’s not like he’s borrowing off a credit card.

#15     Jan 5, 2021
    george_the_second and Nobert like this.
  6. RedSun

RedSun

Contacted both Fidelity and Schwabs. Both clearly stated accounts can't be funded with either debit card or credit card. So the info above is not correct. The table lists the brokers offering debit or credit cards.....

#16     Jan 5, 2021
  7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

If you have a debit card, can’t you just write a check?

#17     Jan 5, 2021
  8. RedSun

RedSun

No. This is the precise reason for my asking. I can only spend the $$.

#18     Jan 5, 2021
  9. Tradex

Tradex

Is your full name printed on the card or is it just one of those no-name Visa or Mastercard gift cards?

If your name is not at least printed you won't be able to fund a trading account anywhere, period.

#19     Jan 6, 2021
  10. ZBZB

ZBZB

Bitcoin exchanges, in the U.K., only allow £500 a day in.

#20     Jan 6, 2021