Any Recovering Traders?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Trader5287, Oct 11, 2002.

#21     Oct 25, 2002
  2. I used to seek excitement and I found plenty. I have scars to prove it.....lol....

These days I welcome boredom. Now trader are you talking about boredom or are you talking about loneliness, "I now watch ballgames alone" etc.

Now if it's loneliness that you are really talking about, instead of boredom, just go find yourself a controlling woman and shack up with her for a couple of years, that ought to cure you.:D

Plumlazy

#22     Oct 25, 2002
  3. I think the goal is to stay clean... woman would only make things worse...lol

When I quit, I basically stopped seeing my friends. I was lonely as heck. I guess the only thing to do is find new friends, or to do something that'll keep you occupied. I played golf... but that made me want to smoke even more... lol. I guess it's like working out. In the beginning it's tough and it hurts like hell, but after that it's all downhill.

As far as finding new friends, try to surround yourself by winners. There's this story I just heard. At this one seaport in California, the ships brought in tons of fish to the shore everyday. The pelicans there didn't have to fish, because the food was brought to them. With every new generation, they were raised without learning the skills of fishing. Then WWII came, and all the ships dared not to go out to sea for fear of being sunk by Japanese subs. Now there weren't any fishes brought to the pelicans and they were starving to death. People tried every possible way of feeding them, but the pelicans would not eat. Then someone came up with an idea of importing pelicans from the florida coast. They imported winners from florida, and the losers were able to learn from them.

Self help books from Napoleon Hill helped me a lot. Tony Robbins work is excellent too. I personally like the tapes, because I feel like I'm with them in person.

Hope my rambling helps,
    Andy

#23     Oct 26, 2002
  4. [ Now if it's loneliness that you are really talking about, instead of boredom, just go find yourself a controlling woman and shack up with her for a couple of years, that ought to cure you.:D

LOL

That came to mind after a week or so of Yahoo Singles flashing ads threatened to give me a seizure. So I peeked in there. Turns out I knew about half the women advertising w/in 20 years and 50 miles. Guy up the road knew most of the rest! Gets that way out in the countryside.:(

Seriously, thanks for the responses.

Geo.

#24     Oct 26, 2002