any recommendation for free real-time charting software that work with IB???

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by adamchubb, May 3, 2011.

1. i'm looking for some free charting software that can work with IB data feed. is there any recommendation????

2. Ninjatrader or Tradelink might be what you are looking for.

Tradelink is an open source platform, Ninja is free until you wish to place live orders.

Both work with IB.

3. I started a thread on this exact same subject several months ago. FWIW, I ended up switching to Ninja. Ninja has excellent charting and a lot of features. Some of the stuff takes a bit of clicking around, but it's all pretty easy once you get into it.

I have had a few glitches getting some charts to load properly, but by and large it has worked quite well. For the price, it's pretty hard to beat.

4. jokepie

jokepie

Don't cheap out on chart/Data ...go with esignal

5. does it take a long time for chart to load sometimes???? this is the problem i have with IB TWS...

6. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

7. It is definitely slower than with say, QCharts, which is what I used before, or loading a stock chart from SChwab, etc. For me, the speed is not really an issue since I load up a number of charts every morning and keep the same charts running all day.

The issues I have had involve either scaling, typically on daily charts with multiple data sets, and session times on intraday. The former usually resolve by reloading the data. The latter are a nuisance, which I have not totally resolved, but luckily it's not an issue on the main markets I follow.

8. I use ninjatrader with kinetick for forex quotes and IB as my broker. I love it. Wouldn't trade it for anything. Their forums are great as well.

#10     May 5, 2011