Any QLink users here?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by thenewguy, Jul 6, 2007.

1. I know it's not really a supported product anymore by Qcharts, but it has some useful features that I really like.

At any rate, I'm using it to bring in some futures quotes, but some quotes aren't working. Looking only at the CME, I can't get any quotes for most currencies, but the Canadian dollar works, and same with the Peso. Using the same symbols in QCharts works, however.

Same thing with LC, which works in QCharts, and PB as well.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

TNG

2. maxpi

maxpi

I played with it years ago, it worked ok for stock symbols at the time. I was able to use parts of the source code in VBA scripts that worked "ok", eventually I dropped Excel, VBA and qlink, it was just too problematic overall.

3. Chuck_T

Chuck_T eSignal

Qlink is alive and well. There is a new version available. Post your question on the QCharts forum and I am sure someone will point you to it.

We like QLink so well that we will be delivering it with future versions of eSignal. Also, QCharts 6.0 will be released in a few weeks.

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=155

Chuck

4. QLink is a neat little program that does a lot for its size. Unfortunately, the eSignal ripoff scamsters bought QCharts and will soon implement a symbol limit, so many users are going to quit using it and migrate elsewhere.

Shitty data vendors, instead of improving and strengthening a product's capability, water it down and reprice it higher for new fools.

How is the small-time trader supposed to compete with the big guns when vendors, instead of helping, continuosly screw the users?