Any prop firms offer SIPC protection?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by inandlong, Sep 2, 2002.

1. All set and ready to go remote with a prop firm and it dawns on me that my account is not protected by the SIPC. Pop... that was the sound of that bubble bursting.

I have been told Andover has SIPC but I cannot verify it via the internet, there site is a bit weak on info.

Anyone know of a prop firm with SIPC protection?

2. Due to the nature of how Professional firms/ Proprietary firms are structured they can't be SIPC insured.

Andover/Lynx Capital is SIPC insured for their retail traders which we are going to be allowing to trade with us in our office soon.
    Robert

3. Will those traders have the same trading privileges as your echo traders, ie bullets, 10:1 leverage, low commish?

4. I'm no longer with ECHO.

They have retail margin 4 x

and they can have bullets

near the same commissions , and use of our software

Robert

5. Thank you... and who then...if I may ask..are you with? And of course I recognize that you are not soliciting.

6. Guys who are trading with me in the office will be with mentioned firm above the one I'm now with.

Thanks for the Private message about that error too

Robert

7. reg

reg

Andover/Lynx Capital is SIPC insured for their retail traders which we are going to be allowing to trade with us in our office soon.
    Robert [/B][/QUOTE

No kidding - I thought that was supposed to be a secret!

8. .I just prefer to not to comment on echo

9. Having no luck finding a website link for this outfit. Can anyone help with this one? I'm sure it will be ridiculously obvious.

10. Dude, give it a rest. There have been no secrets. Just because it was not given a PRESS ANNOUNCEMENT on Elite does not give it "secret" status.

If you would like any secret info, I will put you on the "Super Secret Annoucement Email List" that Elite maintains.

:confused:

#10     Sep 3, 2002