Any prop firms north of NYC?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Sponger, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Sponger

Sponger

I'm looking for prop firms north of NYC - looking for a firm around Westchester, or further north - anyone out there know of any, or can point me to a website that can locate them - I'm having a hard time finding anything outside of NYC. Thanks all

2. www.assent.com right there in Montabello.
    I think Schonfeld has an office in Purchase, they only show info on retail tarding, but I think they may still have a prop program.

5 years ago you had 5-10 firms up there now you might have to bite the bullet and jump on MetroNorth everyday.

3. Sponger

Sponger

Thanks uptick - I was hoping to avoid a train into NYC - and you're right, there were firms everywhere until the dotcom meltdown.

4. I think there is a place in Carmel too, but I can't think of the name.
    SOmewhere on this site is a list of all the firms, that should help.

5. I want to start a prop shop here in Orange County, NY, near the Woodbury Commons. I am a former equity trader from Merrill and Morgan. Now I am am mostly futures and currencies, and want to offer the whole package to traders, along with training if desired.

Do you guys think there is enough demand to fill an office up here?

Thanks.

6. You can try posting an ad on craigslist to see what sort of response you get.
    You can check meetup.com or yahoo groups to see if there are trader groups in your area.

I heard an office recently opened in Cortland of all places.
    www.sync-trading.com If they can find people there I'm sure you'll have no problem.

7. There is a Hold brothers office in Elmsford NY. I am a trader there, it's such a pleasure not to have to commute to the city anymore.
    http://www.remotedaytrader.com/

8. If you build it in rockland county you will have no problem filing it up. The draw will be your infrastructure (i.e. trading systems, routers, clearing relationships) and then how much you will pay out. Put adds on craigslist and monster.com.