Any prop firms in Brazil?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Flytrade, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Flytrade

Flytrade

Anyone know if there are any prop firms in Brazil? I've heard swiftrade got an office in Curitiba but that's all...

2. Daal

Daal

theres a swift in sao paulo, thats all i know

3. Surdo

Surdo

Don't you need a CPF number to open a brokerage account in brazil?

4. Daal

Daal

Im sure that if you trade through the big banks like citi or hsbc they wont ask for it since they do business with foreigners regulary

5. lzotto

lzotto

Curitiba branch is active since march2007.

6. I'm moving to Curitiba in August. Anyone here trade from this branch?

7. tradethetrade

tradethetrade Vendor

What do you want to trade US or Brazilian instruments? We do both. Pm me if interested.

I used to work at the Swift branch in São Paulo but it is now closed. Curitiba isn't doing so well perhaps it is closed too.

8. Brazillian - Thanks for the info. I currently trade futures but would prefer getting back into US stocks. I think the commute to Sao Paulo from Curitiba is probably too much unless I hire a helicopter. :)

How many traders do you have on your floor?

9. Kinda curious why you would be moving down there. You do realize that if you don't know portuguese in Brazil you are SOL. No one knows English down there. Even a very touristy city like Rio, the english is not too common

10. My wife and I are going to teach at a Christian ministry school in the evenings. We are learning Portugese. Are you from Brazil?

#10     Feb 27, 2010