any prop firms hiring?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by AnonTrader, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Treykool

Treykool

Well, the degree is helping me get better deals than your average schmoes. I'm also being offered opportunities not normally available to other candidates. Not to mention, it also helped me land my first job (6 figure salary) at a prestigious bank right out of college. I'm sorry, but GS, Merrill, JP, and all the other prestigious firms have been using this formula for recruiting their traders since their inception. I'd say they all have better track records than your average Bright trading outfits.

Why do you think the success rate of your common "daytrader" is like 1% whereas the success rate at the top trading firms who hire ivy-leaguers are much much higher?

Smarter people who simply do things better and quicker exist in this world, so just deal with it. I didn't realize me mentioning a princeton degree would "anger" so many people. Geez...

#31     Apr 17, 2002
  2. Treykool

Treykool

Don Bright, thanks for the age discrimination, buddy. Very classy...especially for a guy who supposedly runs a trading firm and is trying to use this board to recruit more suckers.

Nice try...posing the balance sheet question at me....I guess you can't admit that you were being rather careless making those assumptions about your competitors...by the way, you still have yet to answer how you know so much about other firm's internal operations..enough to bash them publically and make false accusations.

I was gracious enough to post the details on one of the deals I got. Obviously, it's much better than what you can offer. However, you feel the need to nit-pick and be so negative...trying to scare me. Not sure if you realize, but all deals come with a written contract which I don't sign unless I totally agree with it. I guess since you think everyone's a sucker you fail to realize that there are people in this industry who are actually intelligent and know what they're getting into. We have something in this country called "lawyers" who can take care of any monkey-business if the need arises.

Sorry, but your posts sound like a late night infomercial. "For only a one time $1000 lifetime fee you get...." How RETAIL can you get???? "Learn how to trade in a week"? Gosh, do you think people are that stupid? Do you really want people who are dumb enough to fall for that bullcrap to actually TRADE your firm's capital and represent your firm??? oh wait, that's right, you don't care about them...just their money..

And by the way, don't you have a company to run? It looks like you joined this board last october and already at the top of the list of TOTAL posts. What kind of shop are you running there? Talk about desperation advertising.

#32     Apr 17, 2002
  3. Treykool

Treykool

Well, maybe after you get that foot out of your mouth you can. Part of GS...GIVE ME A FREAKIN' BREAK!

#33     Apr 17, 2002
  4. xtrader

xtrader

Just what do you learn from this?

1. Don't listen to trading firm owners nor reply to their comments. You will not benefit.

2. Go to comment no.1

#34     Apr 17, 2002
  5. Treykool

Treykool

Agreed. Don Bright has much more time on his hands than I do to continue with this ridiculous thread.

So...go ahead Don, post whatever you want...I guess you deserve to since you pay EliteTrader so much money anyway.

Just thought I'd give some insight into what BETTER ALTERNATIVES exist other than Bright trading.

Suggestion to other guys thinking about prop trading: LOOK AROUND! Don't fall for the easy "retail" path since they virtually hire anyone who has money. Look for firms that actually INTERVIEW you and offer fertile trading environments.

Ok, I'm outta here....

#35     Apr 17, 2002
  6. F1Trader

F1Trader

Hey Treykool, I guess you were the only ivy leaguer who has come into their ranks as of recent.. There are a few hundred thousand of us out there and the competition is just as stiff as a high school kid at the local deli. I think you should step back and look at what you are saying and relate it to yourself. The ivy league thing works , but it isn't what it's been cracked up to be. There are guys doing exactely what I am doing and spent half the gross pursuing it. Your not that special..
    From your friend, the fellow hot shot....

#36     Apr 17, 2002
  7. Magna

Magna Administrator

Ladies and Germs,

While I welcome a vigorous discussion and debate (on this or any other topic), I ask that all refrain from personal attacks, innuendo, etc. If not, I will "clean up" or delete your post. A little civility goes a long way.

Thank you.

#37     Apr 18, 2002
  8. Turlo

Turlo

Why are there so many negative and angry posts directed at Don Bright and the proprietary business model?

Trading at a Prop. firm is not for everyone. Day trading is not for every one. But it is a good way to make a living for many. Trading at a prop. firm gives us tax advantages, low commissions, and great leverage.........

If you do not like something don't do it. :cool:

#38     Apr 18, 2002
  9. Turlo

Turlo

Suggestion to other guys thinking about prop trading: LOOK AROUND! Don't fall for the easy "retail" path since they virtually hire anyone who has money. Look for firms that actually INTERVIEW you and offer fertile trading environments.

I work at one of those firms and I have to give up a large percentage of my profits........ (needless to say I am leaving)

At firms like Bright you get low commission costs and 100% pay out......... I do not understand your logic.........

#39     Apr 18, 2002
  10. TigerO

TigerO

Probably statements like that.:D

Because in reality it's only a good way to make a living for very few as a full 95% will never make it.:eek:

#40     Apr 18, 2002