Any prop firms hiring?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ShawnS, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Of course it's not as good as sitting next to an experience trader, but it's better then nothing...

#31     Apr 6, 2009
  2. "Trade around" simply means that you might like to keep a core position of 1000 shares of a stock, but also hit bids and buy back, intraday to take advantage in price fluctuations. Go home long each day for the long run.

If you are long 1000, and short 1000, you are basically flat, no matter what accounts the stock is in. And, If you're flat, the margin requirements go away, right?

Don

#32     Apr 6, 2009
  3. NYC212

NYC212

very true.

it is about the same as teaching someone how to scuba dive via instant message. esp for a newbie (over AOL instant messenger)

instant messenger is fine when you are developed and are just bouncing ideas off each other but actually trying to learn through instant message is an impossible task.

#33     Apr 10, 2009
  4. NYC212

NYC212

Quote from monty21:

Having mentors IM-ing you from across the country is not support.

------------

Ive been down that road. seems to not work out at all.

I have steven Cohen instant message handle and I still cannot trade my way out of a wet paper bag :D

#34     Apr 10, 2009
  5. Thanks Don,

Does this mean that you can be long & short simultaneously on the same stock where you're hitting bids and buybacks? For example... If I'm long a 1000 shares of IBM, can I short 2000 IBM shares and still keep my 1000 long shares?

If none of this is feasible, is it allowable for traders to have two accounts. Therefore, one account would be used to trade long positions & the other account would be used to trade short positions. All on the same stock, at the same time.

BTW... I am sooooo sorry that I have to go thru the process of studying and passing the series 7 before joining in on your boot camp. The study material is absolutely grueling. Hopefully I'll be ready for the summer boot camp; although I was originally planning for the April camp.

thanks,

Walt :( :(

#36     Apr 10, 2009
  6. Diego11

Diego11

Consider taking the series 7 before working at a prop firm.

At least read the book so you get a better idea.

#37     Apr 10, 2009
  7. But keep in mind, having a series 7 has absolutely NO BEARING ON YOUR SUCCESS AS A TRADER.

#38     Apr 11, 2009
  8. Thanks for the feedback regarding the Series 7; however, my initial question was... will a prop firm allow you to have two accounts - one for long orders & one for short orders - simultaneously trading long & short the same stock in the respective accounts? Personally, I wish I could go long & short simulataneously with the same stock in only one account.

thanks,

Walt

#40     Apr 12, 2009