Any Prop Firms Hire Traders W/O 4yr Degree?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by sobepehopeful, Nov 11, 2008.

1. I was wondering does anybody know of any prop firms that will hire a new trader without a college degree?
    I know Wasserman Capital in Miami says it's preferred but not required.

Before anyone goes passing judgement, the reason I haven't obtained a degree is because I practically had to run the day to day operations of our family business once my Grandfather passed, and once I got relief there we were in the middle of the biggest real estate boom in Florida history so I then went to work for GE Finance doing Business Development for their sub prime unit to get loans for their (scratchy throat) Mortgage Backed Securities. And I'm currently working in Ops for a Middle Market Asset Mgmt firm.

Like most traders starting out, I have a small retail account and I've been doing paper trading with relatively larger amounts and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to find out leverage is the name of the game. If you guys know of any shops that will or have taken a chance on a newbie like myself please feel free to pass along the info, Thanks

2. If you're talking about a firm that you deposit your money and they give you 10-30x leverage and good rates then its laughable to even talk about a degree because its not a job and you don't get "hired"

If you're talking about a firm that HIRES you and PAYS you salary or bonus well then yes, you're going to need a degree.

3. No, I'm not talking about FNYS or Jane Street, I'm speaking more of Assent, Bright, Keystone, type firms, whereas you put up risk capital and then it's used to leverage and trade with.

4. doli

doli

I imagine that the money you bring to a firm overrides any educational considerations.

5. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

if i'm not mistaken,most if not all Assent firms require a 7,same with Bright. theothers are much more realistic and allow a trader to bring in his own cash. which is basically what bright and assent do anyway although bright gives more leverage. personally,i see no reason for a trader to use more than 250k leverage.