any prop. firm offering better deal?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by bharatk8, Dec 16, 2010.

1. bharatk8

bharatk8

Hi Steven

Your first post indicated that it is very easy to cheat prop. firms and in your next post you termed them un-trustworthy.I am not able to comprehend what you really mean.

BTW both the posts are not in synch. with this thread either.

#11     Dec 20, 2010
  2. Because it is too easy to make a cogent argument which is baseless and because it is so frequent that insufficient contextual information is provided by the speaker, I try to follow conclusions with some objective evidence. This should both provide missing context and help to avoid vacuous statements.

I have a system too, and I would love to find someone willing to trade it where I share in the profit, but not the loss. Sometimes one person does give another person a break (in this case stake them.) It is quite rare, however, for this to happen anonymously. It is probably not even a good idea to send someone money without connections and advise to support the investment.

Requested Terms: "no relocation,no track record,no interview,no trial charges,no data/software fees,no money down" (no risk?)

An anonymous, no risk, no cost deal is too good to exist in the wild for long. If there were a legitimate company willing to do it then many people would rip them off. Thus a company offering to do it is probably misrepresenting itself.

#12     Dec 20, 2010
  3. emg

emg

Remember, Prop Firms are unregulated meaning they can do whatever they want to do. For example, they can churned and burned your deposits as well as lawsuits what is owed.

#13     Dec 20, 2010
  4. I appreciate the word of caution. To clarify, I said that an Introducing Broker could be conned into letting one trade on a worthless check.

Having pursued the lawsuit direction twice, I can testify that having a judgment and reclaiming funds are different things. This does however bring-up another risk factor that I hadn't considered. Getting ones funds tied-up in an unrelated lawsuit. For example, if one trader were able to damage a prop firm badly enough, your ability to cash-out could be seriously delayed/damaged. I had mentioned elsewhere the risk of fraudulent accounting leading to a run on assets, but I hadn't considered that it could be triggered by a fellow trader.

Thanks

#14     Dec 20, 2010
  5. emg

emg

To bharatk8, your question should be; do you know any prop firm that is safe and reasonable deal?

#15     Dec 20, 2010
  6. bharatk8

bharatk8

Softwares to close accounts when a trader hits maximum loss limits are available.If company is asking for deposit just because it is not willing to spend on upgradation of software, is not proper.

#16     Dec 20, 2010
  7. bharatk8

bharatk8

will someone rationalise this?

#17     Dec 20, 2010
  8. bharatk8

bharatk8

Hi emg
    Software of prop. firm mentioned by me closes accounts when a trader hits maximum loss limits (safety) hence they do not ask for deposit.Which is OK.
    But they are deducting charges(monthly) for trading terminal which is open source(free)(unreasonable).I prefer transperancy over higher pay out.

Remember this as you intend to open prop firm soon.

#18     Dec 20, 2010