Any programs that would do this?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by CDNPatriot, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Easy language was pretty easy to learn after I understood what I was actually telling it.

I also took a programming course at the Tradestation building in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

The class was worth every penny. Now if I dream up a theory to test I can program it.

The other route is to visit their website and hire one of the programmers on there to code it for you.

I do not work for them. I just use the software for testing needs.

#11     Mar 31, 2008
  2. ATLien

ATLien

I've never used Easy Language or TradeStation.

NinjaScript is really just a C# API that exposes a plugin architecture to NinjaTrader. It has the performance and functionality of C#, so I would say it's pretty damn powerful.

#12     Mar 31, 2008
  3. miro

miro

Ninja trader with Zen Fire and AMP Trading!

#13     Apr 4, 2008
  4. When trying to change over from using Tradestation to ninja I found that ninja could not do the job.

I scan 900+ stocks with a custom criteria and it just crippled ninja. Same scan with Tradestation and it runs fine.

I think Ninja is more based on trading futures and was never intended to scan that many stocks. Tradestation Radar was made to scan up to 1000 (I think).

ninja is free to try and play around with and learn, tradestation you need an account to even touch it.

I would love to find a program that can do scanning on over 1000 stocks in multiple time intervals based on custom formulas

#14     May 10, 2008
  5. edbar

edbar

You could set that up in a couple minutes with COOLTRADE and it automatically calculates the profit/stop loss amounts and automatically executes the trades.

No programming. All point and click.

System is currently free if you have a td ameritrade account.

#15     May 11, 2008
  6. I'm not being contentious and mean only the best when I say this, but: there is no way that strategy will achieve consistent returns, if any positive returns at all.

#16     May 11, 2008
  7. Tums

Tums

I think OP meant it as an example for his auto trade query.

#17     May 11, 2008
  8. Tums

Tums

There are 2 ways to program Ninja:

1. Use the wizard: which is just click to select options on a menu. Any idiot can do that. It can do simple logics, but the flexibility and power is limited.

2. Use C#: this is the professional route. C# is powerful, it can make the program do practically anything you want it to do. But learning C# will take some work. There are lots of free online tutorials on the web, go take a look and see if you are up to learning it.

#18     May 11, 2008
  9. Tums

Tums

Wealth-Lab can do these type of scanning too.

#19     May 11, 2008
  10. DT1

DT1

Hi all,

I have been looking for a very long time for a scanner that can scan all stocks in the market in realtime. To get this done I had to use IB or Prophet for a pre-scan then TradeStation. That was really cumbersome.

Tradestation has just released a new scanning tool that allows to scan the entire market. There is no more 1000 stocks limitation. This is a fantastic tool that allows to handle lists of stocks superbly. I was looking for some feed back on people experience of the scanner here but I am surprised I have seen no comment on this new tool.

Please let me know what your experience is. For me it is just fantatstic.

DT1

#20     Jan 10, 2009