any pro firm accept people over 30?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by 0008, Feb 6, 2003.

1. 0008

Does any pro firm accept people over 30? It seems many assistant traders are just out of college, doesn't it?

2. gnome

gnome

Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach. Those that can't teach, teach gym.

3. okwon

okwon

I think most of them do accept people that are over 30. The one's I've looked at all had new traders that were over 30.

4. pointdirex

bright....Don is no spring chicken:D ...sorry Don

5. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

They do - Prop. However in my experience most of the junior level positions on the street are filled by younger people. In my days as an employee on the street the rule was that traders lasted until about 35 and at that time you needed to consider hanging it up and going into another level of management. I think these attitudes were driven by practical issues: trading prior to the all electronic platforms was physically tough in addition to the mental aspects. Today however the elctronic platforms make things much easier: nowadays the battle includes the quality of your software systems to a large degree. So, I think trading is in some sense easier today - from a physical standpoint.

Still, today when I go into the trading rooms of the large operations i notice that most of the junior people are all in their 20's .......

6. Since there are good traders at all age levels, we allow even "ol' farts" like me to trade.....as long as they forget where the office is.....

Don

7. Since there are good traders at all age levels, we allow even "ol' farts" like me to trade.....as long as they forget where the office is.....
    =============================================
    your like me....
    You're not getting older, your getting better.....like a fine wine...although sometimes the wine can get so old it turns to vinegar:)

8. jester

jester Guest

...well mine did and I'm over 35! ( I won't say how much)...pm me if you want details.

J-

9. TM, if you push the "quote" button to your right it makes life a lot easier. Just a suggestion:)

10. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from TM_Direct:

Since there are good traders at all age levels, we allow even "ol' farts" like me to trade.....as long as they forget where the office is.....
    =============================================
    your like me....
    You're not getting older, your getting better.....like a fine wine...although sometimes the wine can get so old it turns to vinegar
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TM, if you push the "quote" button to your right it makes life a lot easier. Just a suggestion

HOW SO?:)

#10     Feb 6, 2003