Any presidential candidates fiscal conservatives?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by my7tvette, Mar 4, 2008.

1. You don't cut anymore, you just don't raise em as that is always tough on the economy. Entitlements are the long term problem. We need to reform them.

#21     Mar 5, 2008
  2. He wants to dramatically raise taxes. Nuff said.

#22     Mar 5, 2008
  3. Jesus Christ! Yet another Dem misquoting what Mac said. He said we may have to be there in 100 years just as we are STILL in Japan and Germany. He never said 100 years of war. We never should have gone in in the first place, but we did. So now we have to deal with it in a responsible way. Just pulling out would be a bloody disaster, not to mention just handing the place over to Iran as the Shia way out number the Sunnis.

Granted, I have no idea why we are in Japan for example, but I bet growing expenses have us pulling out of these such places sometime soon.

Additionally, something you should consider is that congress will be even more democrat than it is now. May not matter much what Mac wants to do if they don't agree. Just think of the damage that a tax and spend Prez could do with his own party behind him in congress. Think of the mighty spending George did!

#23     Mar 5, 2008
  4. mcinsane is so crazy he doesn't even no what he meant. i watched the video... the man is a nut. he is worse on economics. what a complete fool.

and fyi i am not a dem nor a fake neo republican. i am more of a paleoconservative.

then the nut goes on to say 1000 yrs:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EsMumUEPMCY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EsMumUEPMCY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

#24     Mar 5, 2008
  5. Not sure what a paleoconservative is, but you consistently bash republicans. Most of em deserve it, I must admit.

OK, but back to the main issue. Who would do the least damage?
    Hillary
    Obama
    McCain

And please don't bring Paul or anyone else with zero chance of winning into consideration.

I don't like any of em, but with a very Dem congress, I take Mac. The other two would murder the economy with higher taxes exactly when we don't need it. And, as stated earlier, I don't believe Mac will be able to do anything that the Dems don't agree with anyway. luckily, he has many liberal beliefs as well, so something will get done, just nothing too far to the right.

As for the worst of the bunch, I say Obama. 28% cap gains?! Can you say CRASH?

#25     Mar 5, 2008
  6. dinoman

dinoman

Mac is an angry democrat and the other two are just dumb democrats. :)

#26     Mar 5, 2008
  7. Buchanan is a paleo... google it but ignore wikipedia's definition.

#27     Mar 5, 2008
  8. Hard to see it any other way. Unless McCain gets us bogged down in more wars.

#28     Mar 5, 2008
  9. Paleo conservatives want a limited federal government, believing that government is the real threat to freedom. They are skeptical of foreign adventures and multilateralism. They believe the US should jealously protect its sovereignty and are very concerned about illegal immigration. They are dubious of free trade pacts like NAFTA and globalism, and would prefer bilateral trade agreements based on reciprocity. While maintaining low taxes is a core principle, paleos are also skeptical of the power of large corporations and other institutions, such as labor unions.

Paleo conservatives have been a key element of the Republican coalition, but they view themselves as conservatives first and republicans only as a way to express their principles. Their sworn enemy in the party are the neo-cons. They also have strained relations at best with the country club republicans, who tend to be corporate CEO types who don't like a lot of loud talk about affirmative action, etc.

Paleos are the most likely group to refuse to support John McCain, as he has been totally at odds with them for decades.

#29     Mar 5, 2008
  10. I support many of those beliefs. Maybe I'm a paleo and just don't know it.

#30     Mar 6, 2008