Any presidential candidates fiscal conservatives?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by my7tvette, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Thx for the reply Jayford. I understand and agree with your statement regarding the Laffer curve. To a certain degree, we saw that theory in action with the Bush tax cuts.

I'm all for lower taxes. I'm sure that I can think of many better uses for my $$ than feeding the government bureacracy.

However, with that being said, hasn't the budget deficit continued to balloon? Uncle Sam has become that relative/friend we all have who, whenever he has a few unexpected $$'s in his pocket, can't stand the idea and must find a way to spend them (or is forced to spend them by making the minimum payment on his maxed-out credit card).

#11     Mar 4, 2008
  2. YES! But the budget deficit is growing because of SPENDING, not because taxes are too low. In fact, we have been setting records in revenue the past few years, and the growth in revenue has far exceeded the growth in GDP. This is something the Democrats always try to ignore.

SPENDING is the problem, and unfortunately, the Republican party is no longer the tightwads of the past. During Bush's reign they spent like there was no tomorrow. Its THE reason I am now Independent. I used to be a loyal Republican

That said, as others here have stated, McCain isn't perfect by any means, but compared to Hillary or Obama, he will spend FAR less. The other two have already admitted that they will crank up taxes and introduce a whole slew of new social programs. AND they will have a very Democratic congress behind them. more so even than now.

#12     Mar 4, 2008
  3. everything is sooooo rosey.. let's escalate the war and lower taxes some more. it's all good. make some more enemies and kill some more americans in illegal conflicts. and who is your guy... MAC Daddy... there's a kick in the teeth. mr open borders, gun grabbing globalist psycho boy.

where do you idiots come up with this shit? did you watch Ron Paul make a fool out of McCainesian re: a simple market question?

#13     Mar 4, 2008
  4. Arnie

Arnie

How much can you realistically cut when entitlements (must be paid by law) are 65% of the budget and growing?

#14     Mar 4, 2008
  5. The Dems were crying like babies as soon as Bush put social security on the chopping block.

Admittedly, having paid into the "system" for 20 plus years, I was a bit uncomfortable with the idea of private accounts at this juncture. A bit selfish of me I suppose (I guess I too am part of the "as long as I get mine" culture).

Then again, chances are that I won't see any of that $$ anyway; oh sure, i'll get my check in the mail, but inflation will have squeezed the value to nil.

#15     Mar 4, 2008
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

What he said

#16     Mar 4, 2008
  7. Retired

Retired

The most fiscal conservative candidate is the one who will end Iraq War the quickest. This War is costing us trillions and counting. There is no other spending issue that comes even close.

Imagine what we can do with the trillions saved.

#17     Mar 4, 2008
  8. dinoman

dinoman

Ron Paul was the only one! But, back to the main 3... I think its a toss up between Hillary and McCain. I won't vote for either though.(won't vote for barack either) Unfortunately, we are just going to ride this country into the ground and maybe, just maybe people will take their beer goggles off and come back to reality.

I have come to the conclusion that the majority of human life want to have there hand held wether they know where they are being led or not.

God bless our children for they will need all the help they can get!

Today solidifies a very sad day towards the progress of man in my eyes!!!

#18     Mar 4, 2008
  9. not according to the ET neocon sheeple. mccain is their man... he will save the day with his 100 yr war.

#19     Mar 4, 2008
  10. Obama seems to be the only major candidate left who has actually proposed a timetable to pull out of iraq, and even he is giving himself 18 months to clean the sh-- off of GW's shoes.

#20     Mar 5, 2008