Any preference on trading platform???

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by nfin01, Apr 4, 2006.

1. nfin01

nfin01

Hello All,

I plan to start trading e-mini S&P very soon and at the point of choosing who to open an account with. i am leaning towards Tradestation because it provides everything from datafeed to trading platform, analysis and strategy testing to being the broker.

Want to get an unbiased opinion from an experienced trader on using trade station to trade e-mini. Every vendor i talked to would say their software is the best....

Would appreciate any comments or feedback.

2. thumperac

thumperac

I have only been using TradeStation for a short time now, but I have no complatints, Im happy with it.

3. katesdp

katesdp

I used 2000i and had no complaints.

4. VSTscalper

VSTscalper

I am a long-time TradeStation user....and I used to trade Stocks....which was great. However....I tried the TS Matrix....and think it has a long way to go. I trade the e-mini Futures now. I have been using J-Trader for years now....and really like it....but am also using NinjaTrader. I will be switching all my accounts over to NinjaTrader in the near future. Ninja has much more trade management capabilities.

You should look at Ninja....tell them Viper sent you.

VSTscalper

5. katesdp

katesdp

In my opinion J Trader is old school and leaves you at a disadvantage. I like Ninja's defined stops.

6. VSTscalper

VSTscalper

I agree....that is why I am switching....although I don't really use stops.

VSTscalper

7. What is the round trip cost for E-mini S&P with Tradestation?

8. nfin01

nfin01

Tradestation's roundtrip commision is $4.75.

Thanks for all the feedback.

9. I have not looked at Tradestation in quite awhile so I checked out the website. Apparently you get the platform free for only 10 rts a month, right?Does this include all charting, data, and exchange fees?

10. Richard Kontra

Richard Kontra Global Futures Exchange <br>& Trading Company

My name is Rick Kontra I am Broker with Global Futures, if you are new trading or just beginning to trade in futures I suggest that you try as many platforms that offer Live Simulators as you can. Test them all see which platform works easiest for you. There are many platforms in which to choose., If you are going to trade with high volume, I highly recommend using X Trader, the monthly fee is expensive but the platform is the state of the art for trading. Many brokers will tell you that their platform is the best, ect, ect..... We offer Live Simulators for all of our platforms. There is no Fee or Obligation to sign up. If you are interested visit our Web Site or you can send me an email directly.
    Thank you,
    Rick Kontra

#10     Apr 4, 2006