Any platforms with these features?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by poorboy, Jan 1, 2017.

1. poorboy

poorboy

Roughly in order of importance:

-Formulas using level II data for a shortlist of securities

-Formulas using options open interest and volume data,

-Formulas using bid/ask on options and underlying.
    -Can Import custom indicator data - such as interest rate histories or frequency of google searches for a stocks name.

-able to work with realtime data

-In regard to creating formulas and screens it would be nice if it both had a simple beginner interface as well as allowing for advanced scripts

-under $100 or free

Also, any comments on free/cheap data?
    Some brokers give free data if you use their platform, any broker platforms do this stuff?

Thanks

2. wintergasp

wintergasp

I think you'll be better off writing some C# or Python that does what you need. Stuff like interest rate history is not too hard to get but I've never seen a platform offer it as an indicator.

Handle123 and poorboy like this.
  3. poorboy

poorboy

Yeah I was wanting to upload it but I have not found any platforms that let you add any kind of "extra" data.

4. Yeah, you're better off writing something custom, or even doing it in Excel if it doesn't have to be real-time.

poorboy likes this.
  5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

When you say,"Formulas," what are you referring to?
    I'm not sure what you are looking to do and what solution fits your needs.
    Are you looking to automate option trading but still maintain customer status?

6. poorboy

poorboy

For example, maybe I have a screen that goes through a list of stocks and looks to see if the open interest for the underlying above current price is larger than the open interest below current price.

7. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

poorboy likes this.
  8. poorboy

poorboy

I'll check them out. Thanks!

9. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

BTW, currently the LVX software is only available for execution/clearing at IB, but that will change soon, and the commision rates will drop to our other software rates when the account is opened at Wedbush. Also, for those that like our other software but love the LVX analytics, I can get you that for free, but execution must be on the other software.

Bob

poorboy likes this.
  10. xandman

xandman

I was satisfied with the IBKR related structure and didn't move when a much more favorable commission structure presented itself. Additionally, the IBKR tie up provided VAR, performance, cost reporting. Does this mean that the platform won't effectively be free anymore?

How goes the plans to provide analytics on FOPs? That would be a top notch offering, imho.

#10     Jan 1, 2017