Any platforms show icebergs?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by FrankDux, Jan 21, 2015.

1. FrankDux

FrankDux

I'm looking for a platform like TT that will show iceberg orders. Does one exist? I currently have Thinkorswim but there future fees are very high so looking to make an account elsewhere. Thanks.

2. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  3. FrankDux

FrankDux

I want to be able to put my own iceberg order as well but more importantly I want to see iceberg orders by other people.

4. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

To my knowledge, no one can see iceberg orders from others, or what would be the point. We can offer CTS with FC Stone if you are interested.

bob

5. This is from the Gain/FuturesOnline/OpenECry/OEC website (so it looks like they offer iceberg):

"OEC Trader offers multiple advanced order options (MOC, MOO, Iceberg) and algorithmic orders (time slice, enhanced time slice, time activation, auto cancel) in addition to position reversing and parked orders."

6. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

We don't do business with them. These are common order types. Check out CQG and CTS, they all do those things. No one should EVER show another client's hidden orders. Are your orders that large that you need to hide size? What is typical order size?

7. FrankDux

FrankDux

I'm aware of their purpose. I was thinking there may be a program that sees when orders refresh and alerts you.

8. And how would such a platform know that an increase in the quantity published in the order book at a particular price was the result of an iceberg being refreshed as opposed to anything else?

9. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

No. No one should have that ability.

#10     Jan 23, 2015