Any part-time trader here with a proper day job?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by a529612, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Ebo

Ebo

You are not gonna believe this, my boss, the head toll collector, actually he runs The EZ PASS, calls me in this morning.
    He apparently is a member of this site. He informs me I have to kick back 20% of my Day Trading profits now! Should I pay him or quit my job? I really like collecting tolls, it's easy money.

#41     Apr 24, 2006
  2. rkana

rkana

you're so full of @#&*, are you serious that is the funniest thing I heard on this site.
    :D

#42     Apr 24, 2006
  3. GS19

GS19

Quote from ES

ohh so you would condone leaving an autotrade system un-monitored? amazing.

Yes it is amazing. Thats what's great about it. One needs many safeguards but it can and is done

#43     Apr 24, 2006
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Your in Jersey right?
    Just call up "Tony" and have him whacked.

:D

#44     Apr 24, 2006
  5. 2ez

2ez

#45     Mar 9, 2007
  6. If this is for real, write him a mock P/L sheet/or create on with a software and show him miserable returns. Then tell him you'll pay him 20% of that. :p

Like Princessa said being impulsive is not only constrained to women. I have been working in the middle office execution for some years now and I saw men blowing up huge accounts in a couple of days or weeks. The reason for this is either being rookie or getting greedy. Yes I am woman too and I trade smaller positions and stick to my rules for risk management. Haven't blown up any accounts yet. :)

#46     Mar 28, 2007
  7. I do this all the time; and i know of others who do the same. You just have to have good solid software. Generally i like to "check in" every 3 to 4 hours at the most, but I've left it from open to close a few times.

#47     Mar 28, 2007

8. ..and what is your day job?...just curious.

cm

#48     Mar 28, 2007