Any other $1 <100 shares brokers besides IB?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by AshanD, Jul 19, 2005.

1. AshanD

AshanD

Hey guys, I was wondering what other brokers have cheap a fee structure for small orders, similar to IB but without other hidden expenses. I won't be using IB because of their $10 data fee for accounts that do less than $30 in commissions a month which I won't)

Thanks

2. foliofn , sharebuilder ?

:)

3. Are you bothered to pay $10/month ? Is this a typo
    or am i not reading correctly? :confused:

4. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

You don't make more than $30 in trades for 1 month? :confused:

I wouldn't be able to make any real money without putting on some trades...

P.S. I think you can go to the market subscription in the Account Management and remove the U.S. Equities market subscription.

5. The_End

The_End

Can someone from IB clarify this potential option; is it possible to bypass paying the $10 monthly fee if a customer elects to not subscribe to, or use, any market data and subsequentially generates no commissions? This would be a nice fit for actual investors, traders wanting to walk away, etc. TIA

6. ozzy

ozzy

This thread should be renamed to "Damn I am one cheap mofo"

ozzy

7. sprstpd

sprstpd

I believe you used to be able to do this but I vaguely remember IB not allowing this option anymore. Contact IB to make sure.

8. AshanD

AshanD

Haha, it's true too that's how I saved up my trading money (which admittedly is not a lot)

THanks Spyder, MB trading is just what I'm looking for

9. AshanD

AshanD

Yep some might even consider me to be an in(censored) I'll be buying 20-100 shares at a time and holding for 1-6 months. No more than 5-6 orders a month

#10     Jul 19, 2005