Any Opinions on Cattle or Hogs?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by youngtrader, Aug 16, 2007.

1. I want to think we are due for a little bounce in the oct hogs after these steep losses.

Negatives: huge slaughter numbers, china is out of the picture for a while, financial sell off,

Positives: packer profit margins are improving, extreme oversold condition, seasonal for oct hogs to be strong from end of august to end of september.

Dec cattle is suppose to be good around this time of year and it got murdered today but held some pretty good support.

Negatives: we were suppose to see some decent cash trade due to small showlists and it hasn't happened yet and the futures seemed to have priced it in even if it does happen, financial sell off.

Positives: boxed beef seems to be moving pretty well, no delivery intentions for the spot august month, seasonal for dec cattle to be strong starting in august.

I would like to hear some opinions about eather one of these markets. I am not that intune with the livestock markets yet although over time I hope to be. Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. jsmooth

jsmooth

You might find this useful....I got an advertisment for a new CME Ag Pits (Meats) squawk service from tradersaudio. They got some free trial/username&passwords going till next week.

(I have copy/pasted the advertisement/email below)....The squawk seems pretty useless to me, I would think, if your trading those products your either already on the floor, or you work with a broker (whos down there) and who is pretty much giving you all the same information (and not at a $150/per month subscription rate). Is it even possible to day trade those contracts (profitably) without being on the floor....I'm assuming your slippage, order execution, and information flow is just terrible.

----------------------------

Traders Audio Admin webmaster@tradersaudio.com

I just wanted to remind everyone to log in and check out our new CME Meats
    broadcast. We would love to hear feedback from everyone. Also, please
    forward this e-mail to anyone who might find this broadcast useful to
    their trading.

www.tradersaudio.com

Username: Meats

Password: CMEmeats

This account will be open until the middle of next week. This product is
    available for a 3 day free trial and on a subscription basis immediately.

Please contact us with any questions you may have.

Thank You,

Ben Lichtenstein
    benl@tradersaudio.com