Any one with Citybank Hongkong?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by amni23, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

Protection is on the securities side of the account and covers currencies:

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/accounts/accountProtection.php?ib_entity=llc

#11     Aug 21, 2006
  2. amni23

amni23

Steve,
    Thanks for clearing the doubt....

Ok so in plain words, there are no chances where an IB forex customer can loose there money other than from his own trades, right?

cheers...........

#12     Aug 21, 2006
  3. Oddtrader
    Since I have closed my leveraged forex a/c with the big banks at Singapore 12-15 months ago,I dont know the current situation.
    But to my knowledge there is no API functionality in the bank platforms.
    I dont know whether you are also concerned about your funds safety etc.Same procedure for opening a/c with Singapore bank affliated forex subsdiary like Hong Kong I described earlier.

#13     Aug 21, 2006
  4. amni23
    I see Steve from IB has posted a reply.
    But There are no absolute guarantees in life.
    When you say Spot forex,Refco comes to memeory. Since Iam more of a index/option player & less of a forex player, (that too only IME future contracts during US hours strict day trade.IME options on forex futures held up to 4-7 days)
    I have to go with IB for cheap commision+ global market reach.IB will not teach you anything,You have to learn how IB works.
    I use options on forex futures to bottom fish or pick top which I will not boldly do in naked futures/spot.
    Do your own due diligence.Good luck.Post when you have time about your forex trades with methodology.

#14     Aug 21, 2006
  5. As discussed on ET before, there should be many options for reasonably large capital accounts, if API not required.

#15     Aug 21, 2006
  6. 168

ib is a good firm . but their demo is terrible , that's why i haven't open an account with them .

#16     Aug 21, 2006
  7. 168

ib is a good firm . but their demo is terrible , that's why i haven't open an account with them .

#17     Aug 21, 2006
  8. #18     Aug 22, 2006