Any one tried Bloomberg Event Driven Feed ?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by skunks, May 29, 2013.

1. skunks

skunks

2. ofthomas

ofthomas

CQG used to have a feed like that was useful like that... but it lags now for some whatever reason...

3. skunks

skunks

What is the lag? More then a second or less?

4. jb514

jb514

I've talked to them. They said $20,000 per month for the basic feed and there are two add-ons which are 10k each. It sounds insane but I can see it being worth the money

5. skunks

skunks

Yes, the price is not so nice.

6. My desk has it but I've not used it personally. I'll post some screenshots if I can.

7. Don't you think this is already being done by many well-capitalized, technologically well-advanced firms?

8. Does anyone have the pricing for Dow Jones/Ravenpack/Thomson Reuters/DB AlphaFlash (basically NTKN+MNI feed) machine readable news?

I know alphaflash is available directly through CGQ and TT (probably cheaper), but they also have a separate product that's available through TCP/IP.

Keep in mind that some providers may have multiple products. I.E, they can sell feeds that have sentiment analysis built-in and then raw feeds.

9. Bloomberg added certain trusted twitter accounts to its professional service a few months back before the 'twitter crash'. AP was probably one of them. There you go.

10. From what I have gathered, this is the cheapest service:

http://www.trackdata.com/NewsWatch.html

Their API is in XML, C++, Java and VB.

They supply the NYSE, Goldman Sachs, etc. apparently.

It's $1000 a month for MNI news

+$1500 for the API (which includes a basic web-scrapping service for certain select websites and twitter feeds)

So, overall, you can look to pay $2500.

For $ RTTNEWS, it's $5000 a month. For Moreover it's $2500.

RTTNEWS basically re-writes DJ, etc. news in real-time and distributes it. Moreover is just a web-scrapper.

MNI is about on par with Bloomberg/Reuters/Dow Jones for economic data, however they are a little weak on securities data.

The company also offers DJ News for around $10k a month, but there are some restrictions.

Ravenpack is around $10k a month, but it also includes sentiment analysis.

#10     Jul 22, 2013