Any one trading/watching the S&P e-mini?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rida07, Nov 19, 2008.

1. The HSI is not as thin as trading the ES after hours - the spread at times can be 5-10 apart, other times they are 1 or even, but it moves and 1-2 contracts is like trading 10 contracts in the ES- no so much because of the tick value ($10 Hong Kong Dollars, about $6.25US, but it moves and it doesn't SIT -

#11     Nov 19, 2008
  2. It's now trading at 810. If you have no exit plan in place, please do yourself a huge favor by closing out the trade before it's too late.

#12     Nov 19, 2008
  3. rida07

rida07

apologies - thought it was a level.. read a tonne of posts on here all saying to stay away from the HSI..

and darn.. i think i covered a little too early... got a little uncomfortable with 6 contracts..

#13     Nov 19, 2008
  4. rida07

rida07

already did - thanks

#14     Nov 19, 2008
  5. Yup yup. Take four or five off and as they say: "Let the rest ride!"

Put a stop in that will leave you with a profit, albeit minimal if hit on the remaining one or two and go crack open a cold one.

You'll be saying coulda, should, woulda more times in a week than you have in your entire life prior to trading. No big deal.

#15     Nov 19, 2008
  6. rida07

rida07

i disagree the advice of ignoring.. the bids and offers tell a story of who's doing what.. (even information that a volume turns out to be fake is very helpful)

been watching it very closely for hours over the last month.. today's set-up was a perfect example of a good set-up IMHO..

#16     Nov 19, 2008
  7. rida07

rida07

yeah good advice - will def apply the next time...

thanks all - very helpful comments.. off to bed..

#17     Nov 20, 2008