Any one trading from Melbourne wanna meet up?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Raushanc, May 26, 2018.

1. Raushanc

Raushanc

Was wondering if anyone's from Melbourne and wants to meet up?

Would be good to meet few people from jere

2. m22au

m22au

3. Raushanc

Raushanc

Sorry, in Australia. I understand my fault.

4. jharmon

jharmon

His profile says Australia. Melbourne, Victoria, Australia would appear to be the place.

beginner66 likes this.
  5. truetype

truetype

This must be the stupidest ET post ever. Obviously if he meant anywhere other than the Melbourne with ~5 million population, he would have specified.

6. If there are any trader meet-ups in London, please specify whether it is in London UK or London, Texas.

Thanking you in advance.

:cool:

[​IMG]

yiehom and comagnum like this.
  7. vanzandt

vanzandt

:D ... go to 7:42

8. Heh. Edith was always a real rocket surgeon!

vanzandt likes this.
  9. m22au

m22au

I disagree.

First, I don't know (and I imagine most people don't know) the population of every city named Melbourne on the planet. Likewise most people don't know the population of every city named "Manchester" or "Springfield".

Which leads to the second point - I don't believe there is an agreed Elitetrader threshold population above/below which a city is deemed to "be the one" without specifying its precise location. What is the threshold exactly? 100,000? 1 million? Without an agreed threshold, a simple request for clarification is reasonable.

Third, this is a very US-centric site, and although the US population is roughly 5% of the Earth's population, I am guessing that well over 50% of Elitetrader's members are from the US. So while the population of Melbourne, Florida is lower than that of Melbourne, Victoria, there's a better chance of someone being from Melbourne, FL on this site than on a site where the members less than 10% American.

drmark27 likes this.
  10. d08

d08

Melbourne, Florida has a population of 81 000. Considering the average person in Florida is either a Cuban gangster or a daytrader, it's more likely they're from Florida than Victoria.

#10     May 27, 2018
    drmark27 and zdreg like this.