Any one trade bund outright?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Learner, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Hi BKuerbs, how do i convert the link for www.derivatecheck.de to English. Sorry do not understand the language used there.

Thanks. :)

#51     Apr 23, 2006
  2. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

You don't understand German? Such an easy language, even the kids here understand it.....

All you have to understand is the date and time of the report releases.

The symbols they use:

Exclamation Mark: important report.
    Electric sign: possible market mover.
    Star: date updated.

Regards

Bernd Kuerbs

#52     Apr 23, 2006
  3. :D

Thanks. :)

#53     Apr 25, 2006
  4. Dogfish

Dogfish

#54     Apr 26, 2006
  5. :) Now Dogfish how did u do that??

About 80% readable. Still better than none.

Appreciate it.:p

#55     Apr 26, 2006
  6. Mr B

Mr B

try this simple recipe:

1. look at the trend on a 15min chart or point and figure.
    2. use a 1min stochastic to get in on retracements - enter when the lines cross in the 20% or 80% zone (80% zone in a downtrend, 20% zone in an uptrend)
    3. 4 tick stop
    4. 8 tick exit
    5. when its on by 4 ticks move your stop to the entry point so you can at least scratch
    6. never take profit or loss prematurely or take any thing less than 8 ticks profit

I know that this is a really stupid entry system and that stochastics are nonsense but I've been doing it on bund and US 10 year and it makes an average 5.6 ticks per contract per day with usually around 20 entries a week. *this is not a guarantee its just my diary*

it's stupid but definitely worth giving it a try.

#56     Apr 28, 2006
  7. Cutten

Cutten

Extrapolating, trading 100 lots at an average 5.6 ticks per day will make about $1.6 million per year, and since liquidity in the Bund allows trading 500+ a clip with minimal slippage, really one ought to be making $5-10 million+ per annum with this kind of daily average.

So I guess the question is, how much are you actually making in dollar profits?

#57     Apr 28, 2006
  8. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

Nice to see you back Mr C.

#58     Apr 28, 2006
  9. I don't think it matter swhat one individual is making. I think many are making 7 figures and some are making 8 figures on the Bund. Harris Blumfield of Trading Technologies said he was making 8 figures.

#59     Apr 28, 2006
  10. Cutten

Cutten

How many traders in your office average 10x size per day?

#60     Apr 28, 2006