Any one trade bund outright?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Learner, Dec 20, 2005.

1. mgarc

mgarc

it had a pretty wild day yesterday. i'm sure big sums of money were made and lost.

started looking at it yesterday. trading small as i learn how it moves.

#41     Apr 7, 2006
  2. cmaxb

cmaxb

#42     Apr 11, 2006
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

open demo account at oanda, their news feed is pretty good.

#43     Apr 11, 2006
  4. cmaxb

cmaxb

Is that part of the applet? Or is it on their website?

#44     Apr 12, 2006
  5. RedDuke

RedDuke

once demo platform is opened, one of the menus will have an option for news feed.

#45     Apr 12, 2006
  6. Hi,
    I am trading that contract for more than 10 years now, and I trade several thousands per day. The trading changed enormously since the beginning of 2004, I think it is since the flipper has offically decided to have a go. Now that you have immense depth you don't have a clear picture of the market. The bigger you are and the better you trade. For instance when I see that market is up for no reason and we are moving up close to some intermediary resistance, usually close to the resistance you have the bids becomming bigger on all contracts. It is when I decide myself to have a go and sell simultaneously Bund,Bobl,Schatz...usually it works well, when it doesn't, it means something bigger is happening...
    So fade all the extreme moves, especially when there is big size going on, "the computer traders" or the flipper are just trying to take all the shorts out, and are at the same time trying to go short and then they tend to pull all their bids below, suddenly there is no buyers left in the market, the shorts who covered tend to reestablish their positions and new entrants are selling on the back of the strength of the intermediary resistance.
    Bottom line : don't be emotionnal and fade all the moves, the computers or the flipper are messing with you.

#46     Apr 14, 2006
  7. cmaxb

cmaxb

Thanks, it's pretty good. I can filter for 'Economic Indicators' and get the numbers flashed.

#47     Apr 14, 2006
  8. cmaxb

cmaxb

What I don't understand is all these stories of big traders battling each other and moving the markets. All I see is support / resistance and trendlines. Seems like certain things have to happen chartwise.

#48     Apr 14, 2006
  9. These are not stories - once when you really can analyse the charts then you'll see these battles unfolding.

The end result is some form of anomaly where it can be difficult for the (retail ?) trader to make money.

(hint: there are other markets which may be easier to trade although on a smaller size)

vital analitics

#49     Apr 20, 2006
  10. lastick

lastick

Agree completely. I trade it since years too, and before 2004 i called it the bread and butter. Now it is more a pain in the a$$ sometime, but it is still a good product to make money.

#50     Apr 20, 2006