Any one read these new trading books?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by BuddhaTop, Nov 21, 2003.

1. Any one read these new books? I’m considering some additions to my trading library.

New Frontiers in Fibonacci Trading: Charting Techniques, Strategies & Simple Applications. Author: Jardine, Michael

Advanced Swing Trading: Strategies to Predict, Identify, and Trade Future Market Swings. Author: John Crane

High Probability Trading
    Author: Marcel, Link

Secrets of the Undergroundtrader
    Author: Russell, Yu, Jea/ Lockhart

The Candlestick Course
    Author: Steve Nison

2. It seems the rating of this one has been particularly very high. :cool:

3. I had a few extra moments in a book store a few weeks back and flipped through the swing trading book and the Underground trader book. Please understand that I didn't have tons of time and my examinations were somewhat cursory.

There are 2 new swing trading books on the shelves now and I looked at both of them but can't remember which is which. As I recall, one bordered on theft it was so bad, and the other was merely useless. I'm pretty sure the Crane book was the "merely useless" one. It might be good if you are a true beginner, but I would avoid it.

I can't remember why I didn't like the Underground trader book, but my overall impression of it is negative. Sorry I can't offer more constructive criticism - I can't recall any specific flaws.

If you are looking for information on a specific topic you might post your specific interests and then posters can make suggestions.

4. I have read many trading books already. I'm just looking for something with groundbreaking new information that would both inspire and improve my trading. Most books out there offer nothing new, so I'm just wondering if these new books have anything of interest.

Traderslibrary is having a buy 2 get one free deal. I think is their best deal, but they only have it on a selection of books. Looks like I'll have to wait until they have another sale.

Here's some more new books, please comment if you read them.

Applying Elliott Wave Theory Profitably
    Author: Steven W. Poser

Candlesticks, Fibonacci, and Chart Pattern Trading Tools
    Author: Robert S. Fischer

Support & Resistance Simplified
    Author: Michael Thomsett

5. Buddha

If you're looking for books about Fibonacci theres much better alternatives.

The best book ever written about the subject is called:

Turning Point Analysis in Price and Time by Joseph Duffy. After you read this book you'll see where most authors get their information. This book was published back in 1994 but its one of my favorits. But its expensive.

If your looking for a good inexpensive Fibonacci book try "Fibonacci for the Active Trader" by Derek Hobbs

Another good book is Trading with Dinapoli Levels by Al Dinapoli. Very Expensive though.

Everything u need to know about Candlesticks is in Steve Nisons first book.

Sterling

6. I would highly recommend High Probability trading by Marcel Link.

It gives a very good general picture of the different aspects of trading. I think it is very good for beginners and intermediate level traders.

7. Boomer

Boomer

i was also interested in:

New Frontiers in Fibonacci Trading: Charting Techniques, Strategies & Simple Applications. Author: Jardine, Michael

if anyone has anything on it that would be great. his site (enthios.com) looks good also.

8. I have been recomending this book to ELITE members for months.

The reason I like it so much is that it is very detailed on the process on building a trading plan that suits YOU. Its not just a "here are the signals book"

DTP

9. Lovelitera

Lovelitera Guest

I have not read the book but followed his market calls for a while. He knows what he is talking about. So does Derek Hobbs.

10. nkhoi

nkhoi

this go to show nobody read trading book any more. Have you notice how small the trading book section is in bookstore?

#10     Nov 22, 2003