Any one hiring?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by rockbrain, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Does anyone know of any firms in the chicago area or one that offers remote trading, which does not require you to put up your own capital? I am currently a market maker on the cboe with 5+ years of profitable trading history both on and off floor..before anyone flames me...I already have searched previous posts and have begun to investigate companies which have been previously mentioned. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.

2. vega

vega

I used to be at the CBOE also, left last July, what pit did you trade ? A site/firm you may want to check is brokerageconsultants.com--NO AFFILIATION--but they do cater to our field. Don't really have any market-making type jobs, but they seem to be somewhat along the lines of trading. Hope this helps.

Vega:D

3. Vega..thanks for the headhunter site, I currently trade in Colgate, which used to be 4-6. Includes Mer, Axp, Dna, Usg, Bk, DD etc. When you left the floor, where did you go? Are you still trading?

4. vega

vega

Had to take a "real" job cuz I haven't been able to find the right gig (I don't have any desire to be back on the floor) trading upstairs. However I probably spend more time trading while at work than actually working:p . Works out OK cuz I don't have enough capital to trade full time, so this way I'm building up my acct and collecting a paycheck at the same time. Unfortunately I don't have any words of advice. Most of the firms I have spoken to that are hiring at all want to put guys back into the pits with maybe a 50/50 split--like what you have now. I'm told it is much cheaper for them to do that than have guys off the floor. To be honest, best chance of finding something is asking around on the floor, those contacts will be your best shot at finding a good gig off the floor, there are not really any postings on any job boards (a few, but very very rare) for the positions we are both trying to get--trading other people's dough off the floor--if you want to trade/scalp off the floor you're gonna have to put up your own cash, get some buying power and realize that you'll be trading a lot smaller off the floor than on, best of luck. I forget, is 4-6 right outside the Bear Stearns desk ? And if so, how are Erica and Rosie looking these days ???? Used to 2 of my favorite reasons to go to work on Fridays !!!!!!!

5. axehawk

axehawk

Are things really that grim in the pits that every trader is bailing looking for other work???

6. axehawk

axehawk

Just curious, what kind of "real" job does an ex-pit trader take?

:)

7. djclif

djclif

Rockbrain,

We are currently looking for underfunded traders who want careers as proprietary traders. This is generally people with around $10,000 US. We ensure their loses beyond this so that they can trade with Bright Trading. We currently have people who trade in our office in Vancouver, in LaJolla California, and remotely over the internet (Bright has a Chicago office so you can trade there if need be). We have managers in Kansas City and Detroit that are willing to take potential candidates. We retain a small percentage of the profits and charge a per share commission based on volume. It is a minimum two year commitment. There will be restrictions on position being held overnight and size you can trade up to during the day. All restrictions and commissions are dependant on the amount of capital in your account.

If you are interested in more information feel free to contact me at:

PairCo Capital Holdings
    604 539 8700

Cheers,

Darren Clifford
    CFO PairCo

8. vega

vega

Just something to keep some money coming in, nothing even remotely glamourous. Working at a large company that has some trading operations, and should be transferring into their trading dept. in a short time. Right now tho, it's a bunch of bs accounting and financial analysis crap. Don't want to get more specific than that, so I apologize, but being underfunded with lots of bills to pay forced me to take this job as opposed to throwing it all in and going the prop route. I kind of look at it as a break from the full-time trading until I can get my sh*t together and go back to trading full-time.

9. i am not sure that i understand your post...... your firm funds traders so they can trade with bright trading ?? you stake traders the 30,000.00 USD they need to open a bright account ??

whoa ! i have really heard everything if my understanding is accurate.

best wishes for your unusual business model,

surfer

10. djclif

djclif

Marketsurfer,

We don't put any more money into your account, but we do insure your losses after the initial deposit with Bright. Yes, this does allow you to trade with only $10,000 in your account. As per my previous post you would be restricted in what you can trade and the sizes you can trade as you build your account.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Darren Clifford
    CFO PairCo

#10     Sep 17, 2003