Any of you guys using a Statin ?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by derektrader, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

1. WTF with the unrelated YT links?

2. Just to give you sleepless nights, half of the heart attack patients have normal cholesterol level. THAT is why it is not a good marker for cardiovascular event prediction. CAC score has much better predictive value.

#51     Aug 5, 2022
  2. I think long term keto doesn't do any favors.

#52     Aug 5, 2022
  3. In my research that I summarized in Post #35 I discovered that a Meta Study of Cholesterol and any cause death showed a reverse correlation. The higher the Cholesterol the longer you live. That is one of the problems with statin drugs --- they lower your cholesterol.

#53     Aug 5, 2022
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Cholesterol itself is not a precursor of heart attacks but unstable plaque caused by cholesterol sticking to the walls of arteries is.

#54     Aug 5, 2022
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

The way I understand it is that serum cholesterol is produced by your liver, not by the things you eat and this is why many heart disease patients are deemed to have gotten that way through heredity. I do think proper diet can lower bad cholesterol but bad diet cannot increase cholesterol numbers. --Maybe my understanding is incorrect.

#55     Aug 5, 2022
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

The point I was making is that cholesterol NUMBERS are unreliable as marker. Also older people live longer with HIGHER cholesterol numbers. Go figure...

#56     Aug 5, 2022
  7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Agreed, and I would say that those folks that live longer don't have the stickiness issue with cholesterol that others may have. I suspect that heredity plays a role in how cholesterol acts in each individual. As an aside, I do think that raising HDL numbers can combat the sticky, unstable issue.

#57     Aug 5, 2022
  8. This is the greatest myth in the history of medicine --- They call it the "lipid" theory or the "diet-heart" theory and it is false. The theory is that you eat saturated fat and it creates cholesterol and the cholesterol gets all gummy and sticky and creates plaque in the arteries. Even in the pre-statin drug era a meta study was done and concluded that blood cholesterol levels and heart disease are not correlated.

The problem is inflammation and oxidation. Things that can be easily oxidized like triglycerides and omega 6 oils (Canola Oil) are much more of a problem.

#58     Aug 5, 2022
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

Rick Nokes
    2 weeks ago
    My cardiologist is going nuts. Two years ago my cholesterol was 278 total. I started a keto diet and taking EVO with Apple cider vinegar, cayenne pepper and eating loads of fatty meat(bacon, ribeye steak,etc.) my cholesterol is now 148. She called me uneducated and uninformed when I told her what I was doing. You can’t argue with the results.

#59     Aug 6, 2022
  10. Overnight

Overnight

See, I told you dude! MEAT! My YT video is not unrelated! Teehee.

#60     Aug 6, 2022