Any of you guys up for cops forcefully taking your blood?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Banjo, Sep 13, 2009.

1. My daughter wouldn't be on welfare because she is not a lazy bum. Why is this concept so hard to digest for statists?

It is well documented that Germany participated in the the described actions. The argument does not change because of your ignorance.

#21     Sep 13, 2009
  2. I've read some idiotic stuff on this forum, but this one must be close to a gold star award.

#22     Sep 13, 2009
  3. Really, its not my fault you are not informed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...s-a-prostitute-we-can-stop-your-benefits.html

"A 25-year-old waitress who turned down a job providing "sexual services'' at a brothel in Berlin faces possible cuts to her unemployment benefit under laws introduced this year.

Prostitution was legalised in Germany just over two years ago and brothel owners – who must pay tax and employee health insurance – were granted access to official databases of jobseekers.

The waitress, an unemployed information technology professional, had said that she was willing to work in a bar at night and had worked in a cafe.

She received a letter from the job centre telling her that an employer was interested in her "profile'' and that she should ring them. Only on doing so did the woman, who has not been identified for legal reasons, realise that she was calling a brothel.

Under Germany's welfare reforms, any woman under 55 who has been out of work for more than a year can be forced to take an available job – including in the sex industry – or lose her unemployment benefit. Last month German unemployment rose for the 11th consecutive month to 4.5 million, taking the number out of work to its highest since reunification in 1990."

It certainly sucks to be you.

#23     Sep 13, 2009
  4. The blood test is after the fact.

If you've killed someone or been in an accident I don't see a problem with a blood test if you refuse a breath test.

But what of a DWI check point? Pretty invasive procedure for a check point.

#24     Sep 13, 2009

5. Did you read the article? It is absolutely spot on. Do you mind linking your sources?

#25     Sep 13, 2009
  6. When was I comparing unemployment rates of US and Germany?

I guess when you lose the argument you make it about something else.

#26     Sep 13, 2009
  7. You misinterpret what the word "forced" implies in the language above. It doesn't require a woman by law to become a prostitute it suggests that prostitution is an option if she wants to keep her benefits. My impression of Germany is that it isn't so uncivilized that it would send police to a womans door, drag her out and insert her into a brothel. The article's author sublety distorts meaning with his choice of words. You're guilty of a priori reasoning. Determining a desired conclusion then assembling evidence to support it. Thats the reverse approach for getting things right and its very common, I'm probably guilty of it myself.

#27     Sep 14, 2009
  8. Please work on your reading comprehension skills. That article was not comparing the US unemployment rate to the German unemployment rate. I never made such an argument either so I have no idea where you are getting this from.

As such, your claim that German's unemployment rate is better than the US's is rather weak also. Germany has averaged an unemployment rate of 8.36% over the last 10 years while the US has averaged 5.04% over the same period. Now stop wasting my time.

#28     Sep 14, 2009
  9. Well thanks for clearing that up for me. So the government of Germany says, "Go have sex with strange men for money, if you don't we will cut your jobless benefits."

Isn't that nice. I am so glad that you are perfectly happy with this kind of policy.

This is what we call "liberal compassion".

#29     Sep 14, 2009
  10. To begin, its the woman's choice not the governments demand.
    And, if you're not in favor of freedom for ideas you're against, then you're not in favor of freedom, since even the most ruthless dictator's in favor of freedom for ideas he's for. Airtight reasoning.

#30     Sep 14, 2009