Any NYC friends here who are interested in HFT?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by mizhael, Jun 6, 2010.

1. bespoke

bespoke

Sorry but I agree with cantdomath.

good luck though...

#31     Jun 9, 2010
  2. nbates

nbates

Yes bespoke, thank you for yet another one of your useful posts

#32     Jun 9, 2010
  3. Bespoke must be can'tdomath...

FINKLE IS EINHORN ! lol

#33     Jun 9, 2010
  4. bespoke

bespoke

Thanks. I was beginning to worry that my usefulness to post ratio would go unrecognized.

#34     Jun 9, 2010
  5. It just...keeps...making...money. I could use something like this!

#35     Jun 10, 2010
  6. nbates

nbates

Hehe...glad you noticed ;)

#36     Jun 10, 2010
  7. I am not a candidate for your group -- no tech skills or desire to obtain them. That said I am a profitable intraday trader and years ago my partner and I owned three small investment banks; each was a stand alone operation in NYC, London and Lugano, Switzerland but under common ownership.

You guys sound serious, skilled and with the proper enthusiasm. I make you a reasonable bet to make something real happen. But I do have a piece of "old school" advice. Since execution is clearly king understand every aspect of it (prudent) but DO NOT try to to be instrumental in impacting upon it (imprudent). Buy turnkey. Do not let the fact that you have tech knowledge fool you into thinking you are going to "tweek" what the firm you decide on is going to accomplish. You need to make it work with their "off the shelf" not custom.

You will find yourself unable to make the capital investment at the front end to be tech players on a major scale. And most AAA pitchers get knocked around very hard when the step into the show. There are firms with the speed -- Miller Tabak et al -- and it is your job to buy that speed right.

At your first meeting decide -- NO INVENTING THE WHEEL!

Good luck

PS ... if you get to the point were you have something you believe in but are not clicking with those that can help you get it done -- PM me. I have a knack for getting important people and firms to give things a go.

#37     Jun 10, 2010
  8. Very good point! Thanks a lot for your advice. We will be very fortunate if we could have you as our advisors... :=)

#39     Jun 11, 2010
  9. Folks,

Lets start to think of date/time for our first meeting...

Since we are all busy, lets aim at an efficiently meeting.

Maybe somewhere in the mid-town NYC?

Hopefully we could find a place with a whiteboard, etc.

Any thoughts?

#40     Jun 11, 2010