Any NYC friends here who are interested in HFT?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by mizhael, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Well you are "promoting" your service/software ... :=)

Still, techie geeks with trading experience do have a natural edge in this race...

Anyrate, why don't you come to our meeting and give us a presentation about your stuff? Friday night or weekend will be better since I am very busy trading fulltime on weekdays.

#11     Jun 7, 2010
  2. Great you are in. Thanks a lot for sharing the thoughts.

That's a good point. Yet lets leave the door open for techie geeks who don't have funds available at this moment, as long as they are great in technologies and have the motivation and time and energy to do great things together ... Expertise in high speed networking, high speed computation, scalable and reliable messaging and artechictures will all help...

#12     Jun 7, 2010
  3. I am ready for this CRAZY study-group. Virtual meeting you mean? Willing to attend.

Thanks

#13     Jun 7, 2010
  4. Open door policy is the best in every aspect. You do not know from who the perfect idea will come.

Good choice..
    and good luck

Thanks

#14     Jun 7, 2010
  5. Jst511

Jst511

I'm down to meet up and throw some ideas around. I am a profitable day trader looking to branch out into the HFT realm. I have been working on several market netural strategies as well as some midday consolidation/channel strategies. These are simple yet effective that I have observed working at my prior firm. More or less if someone can bring programing skills to the table we might be onto something big.

#15     Jun 7, 2010
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

Agree.

#16     Jun 8, 2010
  7. Open door policy for "crazily" motivated folks with funds and/or strong tech-skills ... lol

#17     Jun 8, 2010
  8. For the first meeting, it's better to meet in person.

If we can get nxsux to talk to us about his stuff, it would be a good start.

At the first meeting, we will also go directly into the key issue - how to implement the order execution part.

Too many strategy-level ideas floating around - but the key is implementation and execution.

So lets think of the infrastructure, the technologies and the coding, etc. and bring to the meeting.

#18     Jun 8, 2010
  9. Great you are in! Maintaining market neutrality at HF is tricky... :=)

Lets meet up asap.

#19     Jun 8, 2010
  10. nxsux

nxsux

I don't think I was promoting anything. I was just saying you don't have to be a techie/IT geek to do HFT. Should I have just come out and said YES without anything to support my belief? And those who wanted to know how it was possible, have PM'd me and I've provided them with very helpful documentation to show them. If they want to know more, I've given them my number to discuss it with No strings attached.

Good Luck

#20     Jun 8, 2010