Any news on Brandonf?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by forex-forex, Mar 14, 2009.

1. The Frozen Chosin.

Much respect.

Brandon, I wish you the best bro. Keep fighting Warrior.

#11     Mar 24, 2009
  2. keep on bankin' you warrior!! :D

#12     Mar 24, 2009
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Finally started to feel a little better last night, and it's gone into today. First time in several weeks I actually got a decent amount of things done in a day.
    Medications are still about the same. Doc's have said it will take apx 3 to 4 months for a full recovery, but I should be starting to feel better "soon". Hopefully "soon" has happened, but I don't want to say it too loudly.

Brandon

#13     Mar 27, 2009
  4. dsq

dsq

BRANDON
    i hope you are eating lots of veggies and fruits and no junk or enriched flour products...no soda either...most food even healthy packaged food like oj,yogurt,p butter is loaded with sugar and corn syrup/fructose sweetners...Your diet is key to a speedier recovery.Heavy carbs that we all love to eat are a drag on the body whereas fruit and veggies are light,healthy,nutritious and easily processed by your body leaving your body with energy to fight off illnesses...I eat for breakfast a carrot,banana,orange and bowl of oatmeal.You also should drink lots of water...I couldnt sleep for 2 yrs because i was being kept awake by the caffeine in the chocolate bars i would eat every night!!!Sleeping like a bay now...

I also eat a salad every day.No heavy dressings.Tomato thrown in.

#14     Mar 27, 2009
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Soda is really my biggest weakness...but even on that I don't drink nearly as much as I used too. In the past I could easily drink a 12 pack of pepsi in a day, but I'm down to about 1 can a day, slightly less.
    The rest of my diet has improved a lot. I worked on that a ton when I was diagnosed with cancer and am, for the most part, a veggie. I still have a steak on rare occassion, or some BBQ ribs..but that's very rare. I do eat fish several times a week, and sometimes poultry as well...but probably 80-90% of my diet is fruits, veggies and nuts.

Brandon

#15     Mar 27, 2009
  6. try greasy POKE ribs wash it down with diet COKE:D

#16     Mar 27, 2009
  7. also recommend: white (its the best) tea or dark chocolate. They contain Epicatechin, a powerful flavonoid. But if dark chocolate, choose Cove Dark. Most others process out the Epicatechin factors, because they make it "bitter."

Also consider other flavonoids, such as quercitin

Also, resveratrol - a very powerful compound which is the healthy part of red wine - which is considered. The easiest wat to get this, is growing peanut sprouts (do a web search and you will get it) - they are high in this. The body quickly removes resveratrol, so tiny amounts need to be taken a few times a day.

Resveratrol is actually best taken by small amounts under the tongue (buccal). Much stronger blood concentration than when swallowing it. Quercitin and lecithin appear to make resveratrol stay in your system longer.

Frankly, sprouting veggies is an amazingly powerful way to get your veggies. The critical health components are greatly magnified in sprouts (say, 5-6 days old). broccoli, peanut and other sprouts are very useful. Spend some time researching this, and I think you will realize this is a whole new window for you in fighting your health problems.

This is the strongest recommendation I can make to someone in your condition. I have a BS-biology, so I am pretty schooled in nutrition. As always, wikipedia is a good starting resource to learn:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprouting

#17     Mar 27, 2009
  8. i recommend poke ribs and diet coke :p

#18     Mar 27, 2009
  9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

This is a subject (nutrition and it's effect on health) that I have been very interested in the last several months. Any info is much appreciated..thank you.

Brandon

#19     Mar 28, 2009
  10. hoffmanw

hoffmanw

An interesting article from

http://www.naturalnews.com/001505.html

Blueberries, cranberries, strawberries all contain powerful phytochemicals that fight cancer, heart disease, high cholesterol and more

Berries such as blueberries, cranberries, strawberries and raspberries are rich in disease-fighting phytochemicals that prevent and even reverse serious diseases like cancer, diabetes, heart disease, stomach ulcers and even help lower cholesterol levels. The key is to be eating these berries in their raw, whole fruit form rather than trying to eat processed berries or drink fruit drinks made from berries. In order to get the healing phytonutrients, you must get the berries in the freshest form possible -- that means no processed berries, just raw berries, right off the bush or straight from the grocery store.

What is so interesting about these berries is why are they such powerful disease fighters. Berries contain a variety of phytochemicals and antioxidants -- many of these are what give the plants their color but they also add a sense of flavor to the berries. These phytonutrients are extremely powerful compounds for supporting optimum human health; in fact they are far more powerful than any pharmaceutical in terms of providing healthy benefits without dangerous side effects......

The government is currently conducting a study on anticancer properties of berry fruits.

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00681512

...Recent studies in animals have shown that berries, given as a dietary supplement, are highly effective against certain types of cancers. In a study involving mice with lung tumors, mice that had consumed a mixture of berries developed fewer tumors and had less tumor growth than mice that did not consume berries....

#20     Mar 28, 2009