any new trading platform will ultimately get acquired and shut down

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by billyjoerob, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Catoosa

Catoosa

TD Ameritrade acquired QuoteTracker charting and order placement platform and has announced plans to end support.

#11     Jun 1, 2012
  2. RobertG

RobertG

When brokers acquire brokers, they have zero interest in supporting or learning about their technology platform, back office, or their employees. They buy their book of clients, move them to their own platform. end of story.

#12     Jun 1, 2012
  3. Bob111

Bob111

i believe that we will see it pretty soon. really soon,if markets continue to go down at current pace. soon you will hear the usual blame-evil speculators, daytraders(us) and so on..then-bamm! tax them! cause they evil! they do nothing,but crash our markets! let them pay for your losses. you know..the usual s**t..

this one of the reasons i'm skeptical about any form of active retail trading. off course big players will be exempt. imo-the goal of all this chain of little events of past decade is very simple-total market control and with smaller amount of participants it's way easier to manipulate them. and another one-your retirement money-they are going to control them too. cause most of those money are going to US markets anyway. and 'they' want it all. it's a circle, a big club(like George Carlin use to say) and you ain't in it. your pension money and 'pros' who suppose to handle\invest them on one side and WS 'traders' on other side. both sides care less about you and do have same exact goal-to f*** you all as hard as possible. and they don't want you(the little retail trader) there,in the middle of this process. they want it all.

#13     Jun 2, 2012
  4. Well, NinjaTrader won't get shut down- they will go bankrupt. Their busines nand priving model is not sustainable over the long term.

Doubt it? Well, here is the question - how much do they earn for NinjaTrader 9 upgrades or 10 upgrades from existing custoemrs?

Answer: 0. Nada. A pric of less than 1000 USD including all upgrades forever means that their customer base is - ah - "finite" and at one point there is no income to pay developers. And yes, renting would give them more money - but it is also stupid for a trader to do BECAUSE it costs him more.

Unless, naturally, they ramp up the price for their data feed. And make it mandatory. Enough to cover development costs for the platform.

#14     Jun 2, 2012
  5. themickey

themickey

In Australia, a major bank bought out E-Trade a few years ago.
    In a very short time the creme of the guys working at E-Trade Oz left the business, customer service became crap from my experience, imo, the bank used the buyout to gain market intelligence to further screw the retail trading guys.
    Answer is quite simple, if you're smart, just dump using E-Trade which is what I did promptly. Idiots in banking only ever think short term and they only think in terms of screwing their clients for commissions to the max, this is their badge of honour I believe, "screw the client for as much as you can, new meat (noobs) will soon replace those we screw".
    I worry about my present trading platform provider SierraCharts being gobbled up then shut down. Hopefully the present owners will not fall to the temptation of cashing out.

#15     Jun 2, 2012
  6. ocean5

ocean5

I could teach the NT staff to survive on $50 a month so they wouldn't need to cashing out!

:D

#16     Jun 2, 2012
  7. Tradestation got bought out by Monex.

Don't know if its been shut down.

#17     Jun 2, 2012
  8. Really? Do they not belong to the publicly traded brokerage company "TradeStation Securities, Inc"? Monex may have bought the brokerage, but this is a totally different game - as in "TradeStation" was not a free software ever since they went themselves brokerage. TradeStation 2000 was the last "software" version you could buy ;) Long time ago ;)

#18     Jun 2, 2012
  9. \

traded on what exchange? it was bought out.

#19     Jun 2, 2012