Any new good newsletters out there?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by plan, May 28, 2009.

1. How about the timeliness of his calls ? That's what matters most to me, I know he's been right on the money in the past year or so but I didn't follow him as closely in the past . If a guru tells me to buy stocks now because it will keep going up I may believe him but what tells me there won't be a 10% correction that will
    knock me out ?

Over the weekend I looked at TimingCube. Are they really as good as they claim to be ? I would tend to think probably not. The numbers are unreal, but they have a sister company that manages money and which appears to do well and they are ranked at the top by Hulbert, though I am not sure if that really means much .

#31     Nov 9, 2009
  2. I subscribed to upsidetrader's letter and it just so happened it was the same month he did all this traveling. Barely any news or information for about a month. Was super ticked. I agree with the other guys on here, StockTwits causes over trading. Tries to suck you in. I lasted a week there. I do follow some traders on Twitter. I think @dasan is one of the best out there and I recently subscribed to his letter. I think he manages a carve out at some hedge fund. Anyway, they gave away one of his weekly letters. Link to follow: http://tr.im/EEcE

I am trying out the ibankcoin sub product. Only been on for a couple of days. Review to follow.

disclosure: Subscriber to Dasan Stock Digest, and PPT at ibankcoin.com

#32     Nov 9, 2009
  3. pittytrader,

do you have another link to that free sample, that one doesn't work.

#33     Nov 13, 2009
  4. No. Seriously, if you are chasing signal-provider ads, you are absolutely going down a path that will only cost you a lot of money, time, energy and still leaving you in the position that you have not yet learned much about trading.

You are not going to find a serious outperformance, longterm edge by waving $39 a month, $6,000 for a seminar, or $50 for a book. They are not for sale cheaply, because they are rare and guarded highly.

#34     Nov 13, 2009
  5. I was just curious about them. I have heard of them a few years ago and always thought it was too good to be true . But I didn't know they had an investment arm. Doing some research, preliminary findings and intuition tell me that the stellar results from the hypothetical trades and backtesting did not exactly translate into the same kind of performance by the money management firm.Yet they appear to be doing well and
    they are legit.
    I also could not find any post from disgruntled subscriber during my searches on Google, so I think their service is totally legit , still it appears to have deteriorated, they are no longer tracked by Timertrac as of summer 08, which is odd and it looks as though they had a big drawdown in 08. Now they are advertising a 30% + gain since March which I wouldn't mind enjoying.

#35     Nov 13, 2009
  6. Do you know their trading statistics (Sharpe/sortino, drawdown analysis, profit factor)? Or the fact that new traders only focus on those claiming to be "winning" and not seeing all the ones that are losing? Do you look over #179 in Hulbert? Of course, not. But TimingCube is just as likely to wind up there as to continue being "#2".

This stuff does not work. Pretty much, period.

#36     Nov 13, 2009
  7. Further, the S&P cash price is up over 60% since March [below 675 in March and now at about 1087], so TimingCube is actually lagging very badly.

S&P CHART:

• 1763.gif
      File size:
      15.7 KB
      Views:
    #37     Nov 13, 2009
  8. I think it's 30% YTD.
    To your comments, it can be said of any system I guess. Pretty much all the systems I look at look terrific on backtested results, and for a while when live, then usually performance deteriorates . Just when the system appears to have drawn a lot of interest from investors.

#38     Nov 13, 2009
  9. they deteroriate because they usually do not work in the first place. It is highly unlikely to maker longterm good $$$ from any advisory or "newsletter"

#39     Nov 14, 2009
  10. apologize for my tardiness, been out of town. Here is a new link http://tr.im/F1SR. Follow this guys on twitter as well (@dasan). He works for a large hedge fund and is really respected.

#40     Nov 15, 2009