Any new good newsletters out there?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by plan, May 28, 2009.

1. plan

plan

And one more for you ms. free stuff lady:

www.ibankcoin.com can have some good information with some real time picks from some of the bloggers.

#11     Jun 3, 2009
  2. mxjones

mxjones

I tried to get a good read on the track records, and while they both supply data somewhere and in some format on their site, it is not easy to find and calculate (and often incomplete). And many of the results (especially HCP) are hypothetical and probably not possible. Seriously, what is this?

http://www.highchartpatterns.com/jan2009.htm

If neither of these guys can publish a complete record of when they issued a buy and a sell, then they are just like every other scammer that has come and gone. Face it, if you had a good track record it would be the first thing you showed, and it would be complete, simple, and easy to read:

Bought XYZ at $XX
    Sold XYZ at $XX
    Profit - XX%

Everything else is just snake oil noise.

#12     Jun 5, 2009
  3. interesting stuff, guys!

let me add one on options:

blog.mdwoptions.com/options_for_rookies/

a MUST read for anyone interested in options, beginner or otherwise.

written in very clear, human language and not overloaded with technical terminology.

applause to mark wolfinger, a well-known author and options educator!

in a rare move towards something that is not free, i've just bought two of wolfinger's books

#1 options blog, in my opinion.

Varima Garch

P.S. not affiliated with that site

#13     Jun 5, 2009
  4. I am subscribed to Marc Faber's GloomBoomDoom repport.

Faber has been amazing with his calls these last 12 months whether you follow him in his Austrian view on economics or not so I believe his newsletter offers great value.

It can be found for free on the web but I subscribed to it anyway out of gratefullness for his calls and I believe he donates most of it to charity so 200$ seems like a rather fair deal in my book.

Cheers.

#14     Jun 5, 2009
  5. plan

plan

Is this for position trading? So basically you trade SPY on his calls or actual stocks?

And in regards to HCP, I can testify that they log the trades from the trading list by the cent according to their rules.

As for Maoxian, no performance port but if you email him he will send you a past spreadsheet that shows the way it trend trades. It's longer term stuff anyway. I agree though that he should have a track record put on his site and I think I read from the comment section a while back that he's going to do that in the summer.

Back to Faber, can you give us an example of a call?

#15     Jun 6, 2009

6. Spring 2008:

Buy the yen

Summer 2008:

Buy the dollar
    Short oil and commodities

Fall 2008:

Buy goldminers
    Citi could go from 3$ to 10$ (it did) before it goes to 0 (it went to 0.97)

Spring 2009:

Buy the Euro, Canadian dollar, Ausie dollar
    Sell the Yen
    Stockmarket rally coming
    Buy C (it could go from 1 to 5 (it went from 1 to 4,80))

His june newsletter spoke of a potential rebound in the $.

1 week later $ is back below 1.40 vs euro.

He suggested to ride it and switch to commodity currencies afterwards.

Cheers.

#16     Jun 6, 2009
  7. plan

plan

Wow! Thanks, going to check it out.

#17     Jun 6, 2009
  8. You are welcome.

He is a regular on CNBC and Bloomberg which can be found on youtube where he gives away his views also so you might want to check that out out as well but his newsletter gives a more in debt view on those calls.

#18     Jun 6, 2009
  9. #19     Jun 6, 2009
  10. sumosam

sumosam

I am using Breakpointetrades.com They post on Stockcharts.com That was how I heard about them. Indexes, Gold, Oil, commodity index, and trading systems.

What I like is the comprehensive coverage of market indicators and the markets. Detailed nightly updates and weekly updates. Currently they have a special on, and you can check them out for free. Otherwize, no affiliation.

Thanks for the heads up on the DoomBoomGloom Report...thought it was too expensive. but, apparently, not so. Respect Mark Faber.

#20     Jun 8, 2009