any neoticker users out there?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by big ed73, Nov 17, 2005.

1. big ed73

big ed73

How easy is it to learn to create your own formulas? Is it better then tradestation in this aspect?

2. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

I never used Tradestation, so I cannot compare.

Have a look at the NeoTicker Blog

There are some tutorials (Formula101 etc.) which will help you decide how difficult it may be.

You could also use e.g. DelphiScript or a full-blown programming language alternatively to their formula language.

Regards

Bernd Kuerbs

3. big ed73

big ed73

I'll take a look.

thanks

4. where is Neoticker language ref documentation, can't find them?

5. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

I don't know whether they offer such a documentation online. But you may download the trial version and look into the help file.

There is no single NeoTicker language:
    • They offer their Formula Language. This language has a few keywords only. Explained in "Formula Topics and Tutorials"
    • You may use a variety of Script Languages. I use Delphi Script. The syntax and semantics of these languages are not explained in the help file because they are standard Languages. Limitations and how to embed NeoTicker objects are explained in the help file.
    • You may use a variety of compiled Languages, i.e. use a DLL within NeoTicker you supply. I use a Delphi Personal Edition for this purpose.
    The objects supplied by NeoTicker are described in the chapter "Programming Guide / Objects Reference" and "Indicator Reference".

Hth

Bernd Kuerbs

6. lhclin

lhclin TickQuest

About language reference in NeoTicker.

Short Answer:

Just get on with it. Syntax wise we don't deviate from industrial practice. If you are familiar with any programming/formula/scripting language, you can pick it up quickly by reading a few examples.

Functions are product specific. You can learn by example, and function reference is in the help file.

Long Answer:

NeoTicker supports many languages. So there is no single reference for all.

Formula language is home grown. You can find the reference in the help file, and we have a comprehensive tutorial in our blog to teach new users how to use it.

About scripting languages we support:
    - VBScript. Microsoft product, the language itself is well documented by Microsoft.
    - Delphi Script. Extremely close to Borland Delphi. Any Delphi programmer can pick this up easily. Our support can provide a spec of the differences.

The scripting languages interface with NeoTicker through ActiveX. The help provides detail references on the ActiveX properties and methods.

About "compiled" languages we support:
    - VB. Same as VBScript. MS product.
    - Delphi. Any Delphi reference will do.
    - VC++. Any C++ reference will do.

Similar to scripting languages, the compiled language interface with NeoTicker through ActiveX. The properties and methods are the same.

Louis

7. big ed73

big ed73

Thanks