Any motorcycle riders?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by yzfr6, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Anybody going out for a ride this weekend?

#41     Jun 25, 2004
  2. coinz

coinz

I'm going for a ride this weekend... but it ain't gunna be on no motorcycle... *wink*

#42     Jun 25, 2004
  3. My guess, is that it sounds like you are gonna be riding something hard, hot, and juicy . . . Mr. Fudgepacker!

:D

#43     Jun 25, 2004
  4. coinz

coinz

Mm... nah... riding something female, hot, with two soft rounded buttchops stickin up with a wet crack/hole in the middle of them.

:D

[​IMG]
    What MTC probably looks like from behind without that stupid brown dress on.

[​IMG]
    mytwocents

#44     Jun 25, 2004
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm going after lunch.

#45     Jun 26, 2004
  6. I was thinking about taking a motorcycle course at a local college, and possibly buying a Kawasaki 250R...I want the Ninja zx10R, but I think 998CC is a bit much for a beginner :D.

any advice on a good starter bike (sport or cruiser) ?

cm69

#46     Feb 26, 2007
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

I started out with the Vulcan 750. It is light enough for a beginner to handle, but big enough to ride 2 up if you want to take your girlfriend later on. Also maintenancefree and one of the best bang for the buck. Very few chrome, so you don't have to shine it all the time...
    A few years later you can switch to something bigger, but it should be sufficient for the first 2-3 years....
    You should be able to find a used one under 4K...

#47     Feb 26, 2007
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

My first and only bike so far is a Honda Shawdow Sabre. There are of course a lot of different opinions but it's my understanding Honda has a very good reputation for mechanical reliability.

I took a weekend course and would highly recommend it to anyone thinking of taking up riding. I forgot the exact numbers but I think over 90% of riders involved in accidents are self taught.

My advice would be take a course and then get a used small to mid size bike.
    As long as the weight is reasonable and it's not too top heavy it shouldn't matter much which one it is. After you have been riding awhile then you'll be in a better position to choose your next bike.

#48     Feb 26, 2007
  9. Yea, the Kawasaki Vulcans look nice. Anything besides a Suzuki. The Honda VTX's, and shadow modles look good too.

What am i getting myself into in terms of maintenance?... When it comes to cleaning the bike, do I have to take it apart at all?.. is rust a big issue?

cm69

#49     Feb 26, 2007
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

When I got into biking, I said, I want to ride, I don't care for shining it. So I usually cleaned it real good ONCE a year, before winterizing it. :)

Maintenance is pretty much nothing. There is a thing on the Vulcan 750 called hydraulic valve adjustment, which means that you don't have to do that either, compared to quite a few other bikes, where it is once a year maintenance and cost a bit.

It has a shaft drive, that means you don't have to mess with a chain or a belt. Again, you do nothing, but riding. Occasionally you can kick the tires, so you can say you are doing maintenance... :)

Rusting depends on where you leave, (close to ocean) and if you can ride it year around (South), which is the best for the bike. Riding it in the winter on salty roads ... but who does that? The best rustproofing is keeping it in a garage or at least covering it....

Seriously, that bike has been in production for 23 years or so. Only problematic part is the electric system, you have to watch for the battery. A new battery in every 2 years solves the problem.

I don't think there is a less maintenance, more reliable bike in the 500-800 cruiser category.

There is a Yahoo messageboard for the 750 and 1-2 special websites for owners/fans, check them out and ask them any special question.

www.vn750.com or

http://www.riderforums.com/showthread.php?t=4072 or

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/VN750/ or

http://vroc.org/

#50     Feb 26, 2007