Any motorcycle riders?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by yzfr6, Mar 9, 2004.

1. It's built for racing. It can do all that. It depends on the driver of course. Watch your knees for the curb!
    I tried it once out on a racing track. I quit though at 170mph. That's fast man!

Mine has 122bhp. The street model will be a bit less, about 100bhp. Top speed will be somewhat less but I don't think this will really matter if you are not going to race it. If I understand, it will have a racing type gearbox though.

#31     Jun 19, 2004
  2. Rc51Rob

Rc51Rob

Had a CBR600 and CBR900 for the racetrack and an RC51 for the street but sold them all to get capital for trading so I can buy bunches more.

#32     Jun 20, 2004
  3. Whats the point of owning a fast bike or in most cases a fast car if there is nowhere (if ya live in a suburban area) to let it fly. This especially goes for areas where the roads are not that smooth?

Are there any tracks open to the public to fly around or does the public have to resort to that quarter mile crap ya see on ESPN2 ?

#33     Jun 20, 2004
  4. Rc51Rob

Rc51Rob

Most cars need a couple of miles to get to top speed, bikes can get there much quicker, Road and Track embarrassed themselves when they ran an R1 against a Corvette ZR1 and they found out the bike went from 0-100 and back to 0 before the 'Vette could even get to 100. There are tracks all over the country that you can pay your $100 and ride the track all day, or if you get into racing the Friday before race weekend is open track for practice.

#34     Jun 20, 2004
  5. #35     Jun 20, 2004
  6. My Guzzi looks prettier. Classier design. This German bike looks too much like a polizei-bike.

Speedwise, I don't care. They both will go faster than I dare to go! If you try these bikes out on a racetrack, as non professional, you either know what your limits are or you kill yourself. It is not unlike trading!

#36     Jun 20, 2004
  7. deeznutz

deeznutz

people who say "kewl" , aren't cool

#37     Jun 21, 2004
  8. 23,000 miles on a YZF-600R.

:)

#38     Jun 21, 2004
  9. #39     Jun 21, 2004
  10. Hi convy,

I like your (?).

I put my post under the heading:"nononsense don't like wheelchairs".

I thought some bikes looked to me like wheelchairs but now I've seen a real one!

Be good,

nononsense

#40     Jun 21, 2004