Any motorcycle riders?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by yzfr6, Mar 9, 2004.

1. I have a '97 YZF-600R that I have almost 23,000 miles on.

Bought it back when I was in Connecticut and loved riding it up and down the shoreline of Fairfield County, not too mention an all-day ride up to see the leaves "turn" up in Litchfield County.
    I rode it year around, even when it was 35 degrees.

Now back in the San Francisco Bay Area.
    Much better roads . . . and better weather.

It's the best form of "therapy" you can get.
    Really clears your mind of EVERYTHING!

:)

#11     Mar 10, 2004
  2. yzfr6

yzfr6

I rode a 2000 YZF600R couple of times and compared to the R6, its so much more comfortable. I'm thinking thats gonna be my next bike. I need a good sport tourer. Yours must look close to this. Are you in SF?
    [​IMG]

#12     Mar 10, 2004
  3. My YZF-600R is red and white, but without the black striping shown on the previous photo.

I am 6'1" and very much enjoy the opportunity to "stretch-out" on the YZF as opposed to some of the smaller Japanese 600's.

I have kept it basically stock, aside from some aftermarket brakelines and a Micron Carbon Fiber Slip-On.

Very comfortable, and I saved about 13 pounds by junking the stock silencer in favor of the carbon fiber slip-on which makes it very flickable - - - not quite as flickable as some of the new lighter 600's, but not bad at all.

Dunlop Z207's and 208's help as well.

Enjoy!

#13     Mar 10, 2004
  4. destined

destined

Anyone here ride motocross?

#14     Mar 10, 2004
  5. Fairly well restored 1970 BSA 650 Lightning. Don't ride it much because of horrible brake fade. Looks cool though. They ruined the bike in '71. I have had this bike since 1973.

1982 Honda Magna 65. Bought new, still looks and runs perfect. About two years ago I considered trading for a BMW R1200 because I loved how it looked. One ride and I forgot about it.

Peace,
    :)RS

#15     Mar 10, 2004
  6. tuna

tuna

Before i fuked with it but i don't have them pics here....

[​IMG]

#16     Mar 10, 2004
  7. I love bikes, I used to have dirtbikes and would ride MX . Haven't had a bike for a few years now, moving constantly. If I get one it will probably be a Suzuki DRZ 400.

#17     Mar 12, 2004
  8. anyone know off-hand what is the FASTEST street legal bike made..

dont give me no custom dragster i mean commercial..

that's what i want!

:-/

#18     May 7, 2004
  9. [​IMG]

i wan 'em up here... WAY up here

:cool:

#19     May 7, 2004
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Anyone have any personal knowledge / experience with either the Honda VTX 1300 or the Shadow Sabre?

#20     May 28, 2004